Early Spring

That was the problem I had with Roundup, it seems to be watered down. After a second spray, it's toasted. I've wondered if it has something to do with the class action lawsuit. I don't know...
I've moved on to bigger and better options that seem to work. Of course there is a price premium for the performance.

JD338

That was the problem I had with Roundup, it seems to be watered down. After a second spray, it's toasted. I've wondered if it has something to do with the class action lawsuit. I don't know...
I've moved on to bigger and better options that seem to work. Of course there is a price premium for the performance.

JD338
I hear yeah JD.
Someone mentioned 2-4-D which I tried last fall when I couldn't find roundup and the thistle laughed at me and grew like I had pored fertilizer on it. I never could get 2-4-D to work on anything.

Thanks for the response.
I don't think I'm mixing it too strong but just adding enough to make up for the extra water that goes into the sprayer before you can get the water turned off. These pictures were taken 5 days after it was sprayed. I would have thought it would have been burnt to the ground since it says 24hr to kill anything you spray. Maybe I got a bottle of old stock that had lost it's potency.
Youre good. If you can get a few more photos if it comes back or another shows up I’ll try to find it in the book.

If it is a Star thistle...I'm pretty sure round-up wont kill it. Would have to check with my wifes uncle down in Nebraska, If it is a star thistle...run for your life. Them things are nasty. They make cockle-burs look like garden flowers. CL

Youre good. If you can get a few more photos if it comes back or another shows up I’ll try to find it in the book.
I found some that I didn't spray because they hadn't popped out at the time, click on the picture and it will enlarge for a close up look.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 6
  • image2 (2).jpeg
    image2 (2).jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 7
  • image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 7
I think this is what you have
It sure looks like it. This stuff is native to South Africa Europe and Asia. So how did it get here?
It is also herbicide resistant which explains why the roundup isn't doing it's job. What is used in South Africa to control it is unavailable in the USA ( go figure ). I guess I'll have to search out an ag agent to find out what I can use on it.
Thanks for all the help identifying this weed.

It sure looks like it. This stuff is native to South Africa Europe and Asia. So how did it get here?
It is also herbicide resistant which explains why the roundup isn't doing it's job. What is used in South Africa to control it is unavailable in the USA ( go figure ). I guess I'll have to search out an ag agent to find out what I can use on it.
Thanks for all the help identifying this weed.
Biden let them cross the border. :rolleyes: Dan.

Well, after a couple of very cold nights, it looks like temps are on the rise here. I was worried about a killing frost taking the blossoms off the trees, but in spite of sub 30 temps, it looks like the cherries came through. Only think the wife can think is that humidity was low enough to prevent damaging frost.

Back