Elk hunt 340 Bee ready

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
I got this group last week with my Weathermark 340 MK V I recently bought.

AqSqjkll.jpg

IZk4ORQl.jpg

Since I will be (hopefully) elk hunting in a couple of weeks I went out today to reverify the load.
A lot less wind but quite a bit colder. Well I think she is ready to go. :mrgreen:

16TEBaHl.jpg

That'll work! Fine shooting, Fotis. But, then, we wouldn't expect anything less from your rifles when you're behind the trigger.

All velocities recorded with the labradar

Oi59H1Jl.jpg

I would say it was a done deal. Now to put some hair in the scope and meat on the table.

Fotis, your shooting skill just amazes me! Out of all the groups posted by folks, yours are consistently outstanding. Now that I've entered the curmudgeon category when someone says "This gun won't group" - I can't help thinking the gun might not be the only problem! Not you, mister!
EE2

Fotis,,

Excellent shooting buddy.
It will be hammer time up on the mountain.
Best of luck to you on your elk hunt.

JD338

Fotis- That's so nice of you share that with us...... I'll be headed there soon to help you with that gun! Just have it ready for me when I get there, it's a long drive and our Elk season starts on Tuesday!

here she is with her leupy

Attachments

• 340 bee.jpg
    340 bee.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,198
Fotis

Which Leupold scope do you have mounted?

JD338

Dang Fotis, I love me some 338 Win Mag but that 340 just rocks. Always said it might be the best thing going for a normal dude on the elk mountain. It brings a lot of power to bear and shoots about as flat as a 270 Winchester. Not much to not like about that. Beautiful rifle as well.

Thanks Scott. Actually shoots as flat as a 7mm rem mag with a 160 gr

Back