ER Shaw barrels

I think most here will consider them as a medium quality barrel. However I have one on my whelen and what little shooting I have done with it shows that it will print "1" groups consistently. Price was fair and service was fast. So I am happy with it.

I've had great experiences with them. I bought an Adams & Bennett when Shaw was making 'em and put it on a Czech Mauser and chambered it to 257 AI and it shoots really well (several consistently sub-MOA loads). I paid $75 for that tube on sale.

I bought one of their Savage 110 replacement kits through Brownells in 338-06 and that was consistently about 1.5 MOA with a couple of loads better than that.

I've got one ordered right now in 338-06 AI. I'm going to order a SS varmint taper for my buddy in .243 AI w/ a fast twist.

They'll shoot about as well as I can. I've found that it is more important to get a 'smith who really knows who to screw 'em on straight than to find an ubber premium barrel.

trsmith1818":1edjijon said:
Anyone heard of or have experience with this barrel maker?

I put one on a remington action in 7mm mag. It only shot about 2" with selected loads, so I put a box of Tubbs bullets down the barrel to smooth things out, then I finished it off with some bore coat. Now the rifle shoots sub MOA groups consistently with 154 gr Hornady . I think its a good product for the money, but my only experience shows it needed some work. Far from an expert on the subject, but my two cents worth.

noexperience":11ubid2d said:
trsmith1818":11ubid2d said:
Anyone heard of or have experience with this barrel maker?

I put one on a remington action in 7mm mag. It only shot about 2" with selected loads, so I put a box of Tubbs bullets down the barrel to smooth things out, then I finished it off with some bore coat. Now the rifle shoots sub MOA groups consistently with 154 gr Hornady . I think its a good product for the money, but my only experience shows it needed some work. Far from an expert on the subject, but my two cents worth.

NE- Welcome into the forum. I know I am late on that, but welcome aboard. Great feedback on the ER Shaws. Scotty

Back