Favorite 44 mag load?

19grs of 2400 behind the 275gr Cast Performance WFN shoots really good out of my new 7.5" SBH with an UltraDot. Zero leading and a 6 shot 2" group @ 40yds with my wrists rested on my knees, for me that's outstanding.

...I've pretty much replaced H110 & 2400 w/ Lil'Gun for my magnum handgun loads. As good or better MV's, often as not w/ less pressure, cleaner, & a lot less muzzle flash/ blast. TrailBoss makes a fine plinking load, you get a lot better case fill than a few grains of Bullseye or Unique rattling around loose in the bottom of the case. I do use a lot of Unique for target loads...

I have 2 new lbs of Lil Gun but never have used it yet - i will try and compare it to my H110 loads and See ! RJ

I'm shooting the Lyman #429421 using 20.0 grains of Accurate 4100. Accuracy out of my 6-1/2" Blackhawk is outstanding. I never chronographed it (on my to-do list), but it should be running around 1300 fps.

Found a new load today

Cast Performance 275 WFN
Mixed brass
Win LP Primer
H110 - 23.0grs

5 shots into just over 1/2" @ 25yds from bags and 4" @ 60yds elbows rested on my knees and that's with one wide shot.

Good magnum recoil, typical muzzle blast/forest fire starting/melted eyebrow H110 report too.

Back