Finally broke in the 416 Taylor Improved!

Cleveland48

Handloader
Jul 28, 2015
Was starting to think this rifle was cursed, since I never see a deer with it lol. Well this afternoon I had a big doe come out. Shot was right around 110 yards very slightly quartered away from me. At the shot she went straight down on her back with all 4 legs sticking up in the air. Load was 350 grain speer mag tip at 2610 fps. I really like this bullet, but unfortunately is sold out everywhere. Bullet entered tight behind onside shoulder, and exited center of offside shoulder. Damage was significant with a fist sized piece on lungs laying beside her. So now I can break out my 9.3x62 since its so much lighter than these two 416's are haha.
ea6213dddfedc663153eb4e47a6fdc5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I would say that damage was very significant!! Congrats on breaking in the rifle and the doe!!!

ReloadKy":28ow47zr said:
I would say that damage was very significant!! Congrats on breaking in the rifle and the doe!!!
Yes it was more that I expected.

Blkram":3e48w0xb said:
Congrats!
Definitely enough gun! LOL
Thanks! Something about those big bores are addicting. Unfortunately they are so expensive to feed lol.

Cleveland48":1avzwdfj said:
Blkram":1avzwdfj said:
Congrats!
Thanks! Something about those big bores are addicting. Unfortunately they are so expensive to feed lol.

And yet the smile on your face...priceless!

Congratulations on successfully breaking your rifle and your load. That exit hole looks like a 12 gauge slug hole. Well done. Dan

Blkram":1nzuxdbn said:
Cleveland48":1nzuxdbn said:
Blkram":1nzuxdbn said:
Congrats!

And yet the smile on your face...priceless!
It does bring a smile

NYDAN":3c4b8phh said:
Congratulations on successfully breaking your rifle and your load. That exit hole looks like a 12 gauge slug hole. Well done. Dan
Thanks

Nicely done Cleve. Impressive results with the Speer Mag Tip. I've got to get my 416 Wby out!

JD338

Whoooooooooaaaaaaaaa, that is tooooooo cool Cleveland. I gotta say I’m jealous.. You’ve inspired me with this big bore WT slaying. That’s awesome buddy.

JD338":3tg2ybbs said:
Nicely done Cleve. Impressive results with the Speer Mag Tip. I've got to get my 416 Wby out!

JD338
Thanks I really do like this bullet. If only I could find more lol.

SJB358":giq8qv1j said:
Whoooooooooaaaaaaaaa, that is tooooooo cool Cleveland. I gotta say I’m jealous.. You’ve inspired me with this big bore WT slaying. That’s awesome buddy.
Thanks! Have you got to try out your 9.3 on any deer yet? Thats what I'll be carrying for awhile next.

Cleveland48":1td8xsp4 said:
SJB358":1td8xsp4 said:
Thanks! Have you got to try out your 9.3 on any deer yet? Thats what I'll be carrying for awhile next.

Nope. Haven’t even carried it in the woods yet. Been taking the 280’s and Whelens.

SJB358":3u470lpt said:
Cleveland48":3u470lpt said:
SJB358":3u470lpt said:

Nope. Haven’t even carried it in the woods yet. Been taking the 280’s and Whelens.
Oh ok gotcha. Well it and the Whelen are very similar. Speaking of your 280 I really need to get my little 275 rigby out some this season.

SJB358":2xtis99r said:
Yeah, such as life. Way to many deer rifles and not enough deer! :mrgreen:
Or free time to chase those pesky deer lol

Back