Finally got my first Ruger #1

salmonchaser":2bl4b12n said:
I finally just scored my third one, a .275 Rigby. It’ll arrive while I’m hunting in Montana.
Welcome to the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bet thats nice! I have the 275 rigby, but its the model 77 african though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

salmonchaser":myefhvo7 said:
I finally just scored my third one, a .275 Rigby. It’ll arrive while I’m hunting in Montana.
Welcome to the club.

pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

salmonchaser":2xtnnifz said:
Welcome to the club.

What a neat cartridge. That'll be a true prize!

It’ll arrive while I’m in Montana deer hunting. I’ll be home around the 14th send pictures then.

salmonchaser":gksz2jem said:
I too blame Guy, just saying.

[emoji1787][emoji1787]

LOL! Hey, I've only got two of the doggone things.

I do wish that I still had all the ones I sold over the years. Each was a good rifle. They're long gone now:

25-06, 1V - the heavy barreled varminter version. Scary accurate with 100 gr Sierra soft points

7mm Rem Mag, 1B - the "standard" with beautiful wood, so-so accuracy, extractor broke (Ruger fixed it though)

300 Win Mag, 1S - medium sporter kind of a beater for a Number One, so-so accuracy

These days I've got the 7mm Rem Mag 1S, and of course the 375 1H "Tropical." Love 'em both.

I think that if I got another one it would likely be in something mild, like a 7x57, or maybe go small with a 223 or something.

Guy

My only 2 are the 1S in 300 H&H Mag and the 1B 25-06 AI 1:7 rpm. That one is coming on Friday.

Well luckily new rings fixed the issue with the scope. Have plenty adjustment now. Ran out of RL15 and none anywhere around here. So I tried IMR 4166. Out of four loads, three were around 1 1/2" or so. Which im completely fine with in this rifle. The load that had 81.5 grains of IMR 4166 shot very well, coming in at 1.082". No chronograph data yet, but im assuming 2700fps, maybe tad more. Will know for sure this weekend.
3be2f11970be2f8ed2e6608d48903594.jpg

I have a .22-250; and a .375. I’ve sold or traded a .243: dumb a .250 savage; really dumb and a 300 Bee that had the most horrible recoil of any rifle I ever owned and I had the 577 HandH then!

What was the issue with the scope?

Nice group BTW

FOTIS":ioghw0rr said:
What was the issue with the scope?

Nice group BTW
Ran out of adjustment about 3 1/2" high at 100 yards. Got new medium rings and everything worked as it should today.

Ok, I’ll admit it, a 416 Remington has been one of the rifles to get me to “tap out”. Is this going to be a longe range shooter for you?

salmonchaser":24nmsdtw said:
Ok, I’ll admit it, a 416 Remington has been one of the rifles to get me to “tap out”. Is this going to be a longe range shooter for you?

No my longest Greenfield shot is 175 yards. I came close to tapping yesterday lol. 25 rounds through the 416 rem, 5 through the 416 taylor imp, and 5 through a lightweight hot loaded 9.3x62 all from the bench. It had me begging for mercy [emoji1787]. Definitely gonna have to mix and match rifles on range day from now on haha. Gonna have to bring some light kickers instead of all heavy kickers on the same day.

That's extremely respectable groups for a heavy game, dangerous big game rifle.
No one can say the #1's aren't accurate! You've got the proof right there.
Between you and Guy, you both have gorgeous #1's, and they are deadly accurate.
Maybe you both could book an African Safari together. You both would bring home amazing photos and stories of what your hunts were like in Africa.
Congratulations on your new rifle!

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

Back