Finaly, I have a recovered accubond on the truck!

jtoews80":36s4nzqk said:
Bet your just glad it wasn't an SMK :lol:

Do not get me started!

1106.gif
434.gif
boese013.gif

Damn....I gotta get a drink now!!!!! Where is my blood pressure medicine?

jtoews80":1pgz63hj said:
Bet your just glad it wasn't an SMK :lol:

Some where I was told that the SMKs are the ultimate hunting bullet as well as paper punchers. Maybe it was on this forum, I can't remember.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sorry POP, I couldn't resist. I've seen your forum reactions when SMKs are mentioned. Have a drink or three, down a pill or two and enjoy. 8) 8) 8)

Already on my 2nd Jack & Coke!.
Man...I just can not digest that!....

boese089.gif

boese023.gif

Sierra Trashkings =
eck31.gif

Sierra Matchking. It is a Match bullet which usually yields great accuracy with a high BC.
Because of the above reasons some choose to use them, regardless of the manufacturer's warning not to, due to the lack of predictability of performance on game. They are made to punch holes on paper and nothing but.

Sometimes it works ok, (never personally seen it when some hard headed friends tried the stunt) , some blow up before penetrating to the vitals, some act like full metal jackets......

but hey...what do I know? :lol:

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't watse my time hunting with an unpredictable bullet. Leave that for paper punching.

POP":ybwaupio said:
Sierra Matchking. It is a Match bullet which usually yields great accuracy with a high BC.
Because of the above reasons some choose to use them, regardless of the manufacturer's warning not too, due to the lack of predictability of performance on game.

Sometimes it works ok, (never personally seen it when some hard headed friends tried the stunt) , some blow up before penetrating to the vitals, some act like full metal jackets......

but hey...what do I know? :lol:
You know more than those of us who ask Oh great one :)
By the way, how do you feel about game kings?

The below picture shows a series of 30 cal bullets tested in media at different velocities . The ones in the middle that look like bread crumbs, are Sierra Matchkings. They failed from 2600 fps down to whatever the low speed was.

sux.jpg

This is the whole chart.

bestbullet.jpg

Pop, you'll be happy to know that last night I was looking for fed primers at bass pro (which they don't carry) and a guy there was looking for a good hunting bullet to shoot accurately in his '06. The store worker (50 yrs old?) showed him the 168 Matchkings and said they were his favorite and just so accurate. I told the customer that they were very accurate but not a hunting bullet and pointed him towards the Nosler and Barnes bullets on the shelf. Sometimes I wonder what criteria these stores use to pick their employees. I'm guessing it must be more based on the cheapest wages they can spend on someone who likes to wear plaid shirts.

I would rather him pick up the Sierra Gamekings instead of the MK's.

I am sorry guys....everybody has their pet peeves and this one is mine.

SERENITY NOW! :shock:

LOL POP, its ok, my spike elk at 915 yards didn't know what bullet he was hit with. Even if it was a 300g trashking!! LOL!! Seriously though, I think theres not much that stands in the way of the 300g SMK. Its in a class of its own compared to the 7mm and 30 cal mags pushing the smaller more unpredictable SMK's.

For not hitting much bone at all, it still left a 50 cent size piece exit, and the elk was dead before it hit the ground and rolled to the bottom. I cant ask for much better then that! Dont know if a 250g AB woulda killed him any deader??

I must confess I bought another box of 155 matchkings for my 308 last week. But, it is admitedly a target rifle.

I did try it on prairie dogs once, but was not at all impressed as I figured it would just vaporize them. The 3 shot one holes on paper impress the hell out of me though.

I know what ya mean pop, funny thing is, everyone touts the smk as the ultimate hunting bullet and the lapua scenars as not good at all for hunting, I've shot 1 deer with the scenars, I recovered that one deer was shot at 781, impact velocity was around 2200 fps. it looks exactly like the smk's in your chart. I'm now looking into the 180 bergers for a new load for my 7 AM.
RR

At least the Bergers are very predictable in performance on game.

Back