First Bighorn Sheep in Months...

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
The rut has started for our bighorn herds. From now until March or so they will be in lower country, near the big Columbia River and easier to find & photograph. I enjoy this. About the time that the osprey are leaving, the bighorns make themselves more available for photos. My dog and I took the camera out this morning and found them. :)

Te7Jkv7h.jpg

Regards, Guy

Always a treat to witness the sheep as they come down to the lower elevations. A great picture, Guy.

I will be up in chelan helping a disabled hunter trying to harvest a juvenile ram in October. We scouted earlier in the year and didn’t see much. Hunter was frustrated and I reassured him that we would find them. One of the big ram permit holders has been in the area many times this summer. We have been talking , it’s so good to see this Guy, thank you.

I will be up in chelan helping a disabled hunter trying to harvest a juvenile ram in October. We scouted earlier in the year and didn’t see much. Hunter was frustrated and I reassured him that we would find them. One of the big ram permit holders has been in the area many times this summer. We have been talking , it’s so good to see this Guy, thank you.

I was up on Chelan Butte yesterday morning and didn't find the bighorn sheep. I suspect that they might have been on the side that overlooks the Chelan River gorge.

As the fall progresses, they're easier to find, often at the end of Stayman Flats road, up above the orchards and above the Columbia River.

Best of luck!

str8meat - I'd like to help with that. I'll PM you. I've hunted much of that area over the years and photographed a lot of bighorns there. Can usually find them.

I need to brush up on what qualifies as a "juvenile" ram. :) I tend to look for the bigger guys for my photos.

Guy

Back