First buck for my Boy!

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Took him out today for his first hunt! Man was he excited! I GAVE HIM A GERBER knife and we pressed on to the hunt. Less than 20 minutes into the hunt he saw his first buck so he started the stalk. Within minutes he was 247 yards away when the buck presented a bradside shot. Stephan aimed behind the shoulder as I showed him and send a 130 Ballistic tip downrange at 3075 fps from his Savage 111F 270 Win. The loud thud came back and the buck went down. Lungs heart turned into jello and full penetration! Man I am a proud dad of a 12 year old! Forgive the cheap cell phone picture.

0809271stbuck.jpg

Fotis,

Thats awesome! Congratulations to Stephan, he did a great job on his first big game hunt. He has a great teacher!

JD338

Helped a great deal making his own rounds too! :lol:

Congrats to you and your Son POP !!!

Can't wait for mine to get old enough for the same opportunities...

Congrats to both of you! Well done. Antelope is one of my favorite game meats...course you know how good it is.

Congrats again.

Long

"Nothing" can be better than that. Ain't no words, Ain't no feelings that can compete with that topper! Congrats Stephan :grin: Too bad you had to drag your old man along :lol:
Good Hunting
Antelope Hunt :grin:

12 years old, 247 yards, and textbook heart/lung shot placement. Pop, I can only hope I will be able to someday be able to teach a kid as well as you have.

If you love the kid and the sport and have patience you will accomplish same.

Back