Found a IMR 4350 solution.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
I have maybe 3 lbs left in my jug so not in dire straits yet, but I'm always looking out ahead. I use a lot of 4350 and if I'm going to continue my passion and hobby of shooting, it's fixing to get expensive for me at current pricing. I refuse to pay $385 for 8 lbs of IMR 4350. I wont do it.

I can get a 8 lb jug of Ramshot Big Game at a shop here for $189.99. (y)(y) A price of $23.75 per lb beats the heck out of $48.12 per lb. Only problem is I have to buy 2 jugs to get it at that price, so initial outlay will not be cheap. $379.98 plus tax. I never used a single grain of Big Game, and I will now be buying 16 lbs of unproven powder. Risky long term strategy maybe but it's close enough in burn rate to IMR 4350, I will make it work.

RS magnum is great in the 280 AI, 280 Rem, 6.5 PRC, and a few others I have. I'm not missing RL-26 so much, anymore in pretty much any of the cartridges I used it in.

I'd love to get Ramshot Hunter for more of my work. It is great in standard cartridges. However, it has never been commonly available in Canada.

Ramshot Hunter has been great in my 30-06 instead of H4350... Particularly with the 180ish grain bullets.

Guy

Yep, don't doubt on the heavier bullets that would be the ticket. Big Game is just a smidge on the fast side for 180's compared to other powders listed, but still, the standard 2700 plus looks easily attainable before hitting pressure. I do have some IMR4831 that could be utilized for heavier bullets if need be.

I could've gotten either Hunter or Big Game, but for my uses I think the BG powder will be a more versatile. Looks very good on paper with 150's & 165's, and should be sitting about right for other cartridges I use IMR4350 in. 6mm, 250 Savage, 257 Roberts, and should work well in 7mm-08.

I do not need two 8 lb jugs, but I'm betting at that price I wouldn't have trouble getting rid of 1 jug if I want to. Particularly at current IMR & H4350 prices.

Makes me consider doing the same. IMR 4350 is my main powder in 280 AI.

I have maybe 3 lbs left in my jug so not in dire straits yet, but I'm always looking out ahead. I use a lot of 4350 and if I'm going to continue my passion and hobby of shooting, it's fixing to get expensive for me at current pricing. I refuse to pay $385 for 8 lbs of IMR 4350. I wont do it.

I can get a 8 lb jug of Ramshot Big Game at a shop here for $189.99. (y)(y) A price of $23.75 per lb beats the heck out of $48.12 per lb. Only problem is I have to buy 2 jugs to get it at that price, so initial outlay will not be cheap. $379.98 plus tax. I never used a single grain of Big Game, and I will now be buying 16 lbs of unproven powder. Risky long term strategy maybe but it's close enough in burn rate to IMR 4350, I will make it work.
How much for 1# tubs?

How much for 1# tubs?

$28. Still weighing out what I want to do for sure. I would jump right on a 8 lb jug for $190 verses buying a couple 1 lb cans at the higher price. That 8 lb price is very close to what I paid for 8 lbs of IMR 4350 in 2020. The 2 jugs puts a bit of a wrench in the cog, but like I said, I don't think I'd have any problem getting rid of the extra jug if I chose to.

$28. Still weighing out what I want to do for sure. I would jump right on a 8 lb jug for $190 verses buying a couple 1 lb cans at the higher price. That 8 lb price is very close to what I paid for 8 lbs of IMR 4350 in 2020. The 2 jugs puts a bit of a wrench in the cog, but like I said, I don't think I'd have any problem getting rid of the extra jug if I chose to.
I'll be your first enabler. Do it

$342 for an 8lber at Powder Valley and they always seem to be in stock.

Back