Found a IMR 4350 solution.

$342 for an 8lber at Powder Valley and they always seem to be in stock.

I can get it here for that yet at the one shop. $345 and no shipping or hazmat. But I'm not paying double what I was on common powder like IMR 4350. Not going to make fun of anybody that does, but I'm not gonna play that game if at all possible.

At that price I would really try hard to make it work.

I got the impression that I wouldn't have to hurry on it, that is the price they are figuring on it being for a while. Maybe I'll pick up a lb and work with it just to make sure. But yes, the way things are going it would likely be one of those things that I'd be happy I done it down the road. Like previous powder and primers I got.

Fascinating. Never heard of them. I'll check it out, but the price is a tad rich. Fortunately, I still have some on hand from years past that I brought up through the border when that was still possible.
Henry is good to deal with; I have done quite a few transactions with him, but he charges 3% for CC.

$28. Still weighing out what I want to do for sure. I would jump right on a 8 lb jug for $190 verses buying a couple 1 lb cans at the higher price. That 8 lb price is very close to what I paid for 8 lbs of IMR 4350 in 2020. The 2 jugs puts a bit of a wrench in the cog, but like I said, I don't think I'd have any problem getting rid of the extra jug if I chose to.
What I'd do is give one pound a go for $4 more...
If it's something that meets your expectations or needs then go for it.

There is always that chance it won't work right for you then you have 16# to rid of, $$$$ to recoup and the fact still remains there is IMR 4350 being the very powder you KNOW YOU WANT ready to be taken home.

I can tell you this...

I've shot a lot of Ramshot over the years and tried like hell to make it work.

#1 there is no substitute for IMR4350

There are two powders I always say anyone getting into reloading needs to have on the shelf at all times.
IMR 4350 and Winchester 760

Ramshot stuff to me worked.... "OK"
Blasting AR's is fine and it meters very well...
Exterminator, Zip, Enforcer, Hunter, Big Game...

Shot them all and quite a bit.

Zip and Enforcer were fine as 1911's and 44's revolvers can only realize a certain accuracy level.
I still use Zip

Precision centerfire platforms just didn't work as well as I hoped. Lethal ? Yes! I'm picky though.

Damn it I wanted it to work well just on the metering alone.

Good luck in your decision

I can get it here for that yet at the one shop. $345 and no shipping or hazmat. But I'm not paying double what I was on common powder like IMR 4350. Not going to make fun of anybody that does, but I'm not gonna play that game if at all possible.
Exactly what game?

I was just at the Scheels in Sioux City, IA last weekend and they have Ramshot Hunter on the shelf. I picked up 2#s and am going to work with it in my 7X57 with 140s. Big Game works well in my son's 17-204 and I plan to also give it a try it in my 17 Remington.

I will give up a little velocity for better accuracy any day

I agree completely. Shop around for a price you can live with. If everyone blindly pays whatever price a merchant feels like printing on the price tag, the only place prices will go is up.
I’m going today to pick up a few pounds of IMR7828 SSC I had a local dealer order for me a while back. It’s already paid for I just have to pick it up. Plus it gives me an excuse to socialize and see if there’s anything else there that I can’t live without.

Last edited:
I agree completely. Shop around for a price you can live with. If everyone blindly pays whatever price a merchant feels like printing on the price tag, the only place prices will go is up.
I’m going today to pick up a few pounds of IMR7828 SSC I had a local dealer order for me a while back. It’s already paid for I just have to pick it up. Plus it gives me an excuse to socialize and see if there’s anything else there that I can’t live without.
(y) Stopped at a shop last evening that I don't get by real often but when I do I always go in to see what they got. Bought a few guns off of them over the yrs but not a shop I typically use as a place to buy components.

Didn't buy anything, but they are loaded up on powder. About anything you could want. All 1 pounders and not priced cheap, but good to see that much in stock.

Plenty of factory ammo. The bulk of it was 223, 308, & 30-06, with everything else coming in a distant second, but they didn't have bare shelves. Also good to see.

They had virtually no bullets to speak of and of course no primers.

Lot of rifles.......rifles have taken a big jump retail. Maybe not the new base model rifles so much, but anything wood stocked with Remington, Winchester, or Ruger on it, used or not, was high, and this shop is usually not a shop that gives you sticker shock, but seen several there last evening I shook my head at.

Back