Frosty Load of Barnes

Nicely done Rick!
It's the hammer of Thor with surgical precision.

JD338

The 340 Wby is to the 338 Win Mag, what the 7MM STW is to the 7mm Rem Mag...
And the difference in on-game performance is next level! (Not that the 338 and 7mm aren't great performers in their own right!)
If you can handle the recoil, they are impressive performers. :cool:
I will admit that the felt recoil of the few 340 Wby's I have shot wasn't intolerable off the bench...but good recoil pads on these rifles definitely aided in reducing that felt recoil.

The 340 Wby is to the 338 Win Mag, what the 7MM STW is to the 7mm Rem Mag...
And the difference in on-game performance is next level! (Not that the 338 and 7mm aren't great performers in their own right!)
If you can handle the recoil, they are impressive performers. :cool:
I will admit that the felt recoil of the few 340 Wby's I have shot wasn't intolerable off the bench...but good recoil pads on these rifles definitely aided in reducing that felt recoil.
With an 28” barrel I can take advantage of slower powders to give me a slight increase in velocity.
Weighing in at 15lbs and with it’s brake , just about anyone can shoot this rifle respectively.

That is some good shooting right there. There is a lot of power behind that Barnes with that speed. Well done and I'm curious to see that Barnes in some water jugs,,,you will need a lot of them. 😁
I have a lit of bullets I’d like to see in jugs how ever with the kids gone , we only buy 1/2 gallon.
Those would be a chore to catch bullets in😂

Maybe I missed it but what kind of speed are you getting? Those 225's will be awesome for almost any game worldwide.

Back