Full Tang Hunting/Camping Knives

For an all-around do everything knife, I'll recommend the SOG Kiku. I just bought the folding version (SOG KIKU XR earlier this summer) and it's by far my favorite knife. Love the material, size, and ergonimics of the grip, and the blade is holding an edge better than anything else I've used under similar construction duty. The blade shape and multiple bevels in very nice.
https://www.bladehq.com/item--SOG-Kiku-Fixed-Blade-Knife-Linen--52451

I picked up a Mora last year out of curiosity. It has pretty much replaced my Sog Field Pup as my go-to knife for whitetail. I might modify the sheath with a leather strap though. It's too rigid to leave on my belt when climbing into a vehicle.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Well, I went ahead and bought a Mora Robust since $15 was just a really easy price to pay to get started with. It is nicer in person than I expected, but still so cheap I'm not afraid to use it hard. And it makes a good knife to hone my almost non-existent sharpening skills.

The Mora will serve you well, I've had a couple and you can even buy just the blade and build your own handle(my wifes favorite kitchen utility knife). One thing you will notice sharpening the Mora is it has a Skandi grind on the blade vs a hollow grind, which should be a bit easier for you to hone your sharpening skills. But keep it sharp, if you let it get too dull it will take some work to get it back, and that goes for any blade.
Use it! Enjoy it! Learn with it! And try not to cut yourself!

+2 points to anyone who got the hidden pun

Back