Future Plans For 25 Cal. E-Tip????

bullet

Handloader
Dec 26, 2007
What is the future plan for the 25 Cal. E-Tip bullets???? When can we expect them? :lol: :lol: :lol:

100gr bullet would be just perfect with the BC it would afford, which would more than make up for a little slower speed in a 257Wby 8) 8) :lol:

You know just thought with the BC it will have a 90gr would be perfect also and the 100gr would take care of bigger stuff.

Yeah, I'd like to give an E-Tip a try in my .25-06. For whatever reason it doesn't like 120gr Partitions.

I think the 257 cal E-Tip will happen, just don't know when.
I will try to find out the details for you fellas.

JD338

JD338":18t9rkwa said:
I think the 257 cal E-Tip will happen, just don't know when.
I will try to find out the details for you fellas.

JD338

JD, you are a good man :lol: :lol:

I would imagine something is in the works but I haven't heard of anything further than the 338 E-Tip. I'll let you all know if I hear of anything though.

Any body who shoots a good 1/4 bore gets points with me !! Am not man enough to stand behind a 257 Bee but would like to see a 90 Grn for my 250 Savage!!! Have a box of old style Barnes X-bullets in 90 grn Ive been Saving for a big Muley!! Someday. CL

An e-tip in .25 would be greatly appreciated!

Have shot a couple of mule deer bucks with the little 100 gr .25 cal Barnes TSX @ 3340 fps mv - and it did a fine job on them. Even high-impact velocity at close range didn't destroy the bullet. Expansion & penetration were both good too. I suspect that a good e-tip bullet would work out even better, and eliminate the fouling problem. I'm a big fan of my .25-06, and the .257 Wby is even more of a good thing.

Regards, Guy

I whole heartedly agree with Guy, that a monolithic bullet is the answer to elevating the potential of our quarter bores and I wish it was an E-Tip instead of the 100gr TSX I use because of copper fouling like Guy mentioned.

I have owned a Ruger Mk II 25-06 when I was young and it was a killer and the two 257Wby's I owned were also killers. The 25 cal has always killed better than one would think it could and recoil is not an issue plus it is such a flat shooting high velocity cartridge and very accurate.

If Nosler would just produce a 95gr or 100gr E-Tip and a person could get it to just shoot at hunting accuracy even though it might be a little slower than the TSX because of pressure peaking faster than the TSX, the BC alone of the bullet would make up for so much and be a perfect pill for our quarter bores without the fouling problems of the TSX.

I hope Nosler produces a 100gr E-Tip very soon and hope some of you who know it's value will continue to encourage them to do so.

Back