Getting Ready

I’ve spent the last 2 nights working on the stock. It’s getting lighter with all the material removed to fit the barrel.

Fluting the barrel could cut about a 1/2 lb, maybe a little more.

JD338

Holy smokes Rick. Your going to have to eat your Wheaties to lug that beast into the back 40.
I'm betting she will be a shooter.

JD338

Krieger is a home state favorite. Wisconsin has some the best barrel makers in my opinion.
As for bullets , I’m sitting on a pile of Nosler 300gr. CCs and Sierra 250gr. GKs.
The 340 will have stiff competition with my 338 Lapua. Last year I picked a box of 300gr. RDFs to compare to the 300gr CCs. These were loaded to the same charge , base to ogive.
View attachment 16537
View attachment 16536
I got me some 300 cc to laod in the 338LM, what powder was that groupe with, just the name of the powder
When I got the bullets, I bought some RL33 to try as it was the best on the Nosler data, but never loaded

Last edited:
I got around loading up some fire forming rounds. I went with a mild charge of Hybrid100V. I did fire 2 rounds with Tubb’s TMS bullets to make sure we’re all smoothen out. I got a box 1/2 Barnes coated 225gr and 1/2 Nosler 230gr Fail Safe.
IMG_3400.jpeg

Back