Good start. Might as well finish

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
Found an AR buffer retainer spring in a drawer. It’s a good start on a new build. Only prudent to finish, I was raised not to be wasteful. 😂 thinking about a fast twist 243 AR10.....Funny thing is, we lost the one for my daughter's grendel when putting it together, it's been running a spring from a Pilot G2 ink pen since new. Probaly 500 rounds and still going.
IMG_0242.jpeg

Last edited:
Found an AR buffer retainer spring in a drawer. It’s a good start on a new build. Only prudent to finish, I was raised not to be wasteful. 😂 thinking about a fast twist 243 AR10.....Funny thing is, we lost the one for my daughter's grendel when putting it together, it's been running a spring from a Pilot G2 ink pen since new. Probaly 500 rounds and still going.
View attachment 19926
Easily motivated. Now the added cost, lol Dan.

In an AR10, would a 6mm creed be a better choice? Use up less powder room for bullet storage shooting heavies?
To be honest, I've not given it much thought. 243 came to mind because I have the dies and a bunch of brass. If I get serious about building an AR10, the 6 Creed would be a dandy, for sure.

To be honest, I've not given it much thought. 243 came to mind because I have the dies and a bunch of brass. If I get serious about building an AR10, the 6 Creed would be a dandy, for sure.
6 Creed is an exceptional cartridge. My first batch of brass was made from 243 Win.😁

6 Creed is an exceptional cartridge. My first batch of brass was made from 243 Win.😁
A buddy at the range has a CZ 600 Alpha in 6 Creed with a VX-3 HD 4.5-14 with probably a 200/300 round count that I can get for a great price. From what I've witnessed, its a real shooter with the 88 gr Hammer Hunter.

I just found some 300 weatherby dies. I have no recollection of where or why I came into possession of those.
Don,
Just get some brass for those dies.
Of course then you are committed and will have to get a rifle. Only make sense to me since you already have the parent case, 300 H&H Mag. 🤔
Only trying to help ya out buddy 😉

JD338

Back