Good Utah Gunsmith

AK7AN

Beginner
Oct 30, 2015
I am looking for a good Gunsmith. I live near Fairview, but work in the Provo area. Would be willing to drive a couple of hours for the quality. Looking to rebarrrel a Ruger M77 MKII in 257 Better Bob.. (257 Ack Imp.) Possibly have a 270 win reamed to 270 Imp..
Thanks
Ed

While there are many good ones here, I have personally been using one for the past 20+ years. Nightowls Gunsmithing, 801 964 6846 Ray Frederico. He lives in Taylorsville near Redwood road and 5400 s. Tell him "Rev Jim Knight" said to give him a call. Ray has made both custom rifles and 1911's from scratch for me, rebarreled and rechambered and converted rifles from standard to Improved to building me straight up wildcats! He operates out of his home shop and is really good at what he does. His prices are fair also and his turnaround time is too. He quit bluing a few years ago, but he could do a blue that rivaled S&W custom shop! He farms that out but he does do a great job with certain paints and coatings right there. Good luck to you. Rev Jim

Thanks Reverend... I will definitely give him a call. I had contacted ER Shaw and it seems they have enough business and the customer svc would be iffy at best.. It would be good to deal with someone you can lay an eyeball on..
Once again.. Thank You
(y)

You are most welcome! He has a big ol white Great Pyrenese (sp?) dog that will welcome you, she is very gentle and its a good thing too! ha. She could wear a saddle! If Ray doesn't have the reamer for what you want, he will try to rent it or you may have to buy it, it all depends upon what you want. He likes ( and so di I btw) Shilen barrels a lot, but will order you just what you want!

Back