Got it Done, WOHOOOO!

Good stuff & good report.

Somewhere out there, a 15 year old Annie Oakley is lurking... You know she's going to get better! :shock:

Guy Miner":w34xzrbl said:
Good stuff & good report.

Somewhere out there, a 15 year old Annie Oakley is lurking... You know she's going to get better! :shock:
You ain't kidding me. Her and her 308 was up against Mark T's 50 Cal and my 338 Lapua.

Congrats DF! Nice report on the action. What bullet, primer and OAL are you using with the 6.5X47? I think you are using 40.5 grains of H4350, correct?

257 Ackley":3g1c460x said:
Congrats DF! Nice report on the action. What bullet, primer and OAL are you using with the 6.5X47? I think you are using 40.5 grains of H4350, correct?
Joel, I used Remington 7.5 primer and my OAL at the ogive is 2.021". I dropped my load to 40 grains of H4350. I load my friend Franks rifle at 41 grain.

Congratulations! It is a great feeling when all of your hard work, time and money pays off!! I cannot be happier for you!! Go into the match next year even more prepared and defend your title!

Best wishes,

BB

Desert Fox":bz4ebfrk said:
257 Ackley":bz4ebfrk said:
Joel, I used Remington 7.5 primer and my OAL at the ogive is 2.021". I dropped my load to 40 grains of H4350. I load my friend Franks rifle at 41 grain.

Thanks for the info. I have tried both 205M and BR4 primers with 40.5 grains of H4350, with the BR4's being slightly better groups. Now that brass has been shot once I can play with neck tension, seating depths and primers.

I've used CCI 450 and the old Federal Small Magnum Primers ( discontinued) with no discernible difference in accuracy. However since I have about 2000 round of Remington 7.5 small benchrest primer, I will keep using them.

DSC02119.jpg

Congratulations again, Rommel. I know it feels good to see the position in print.

My rifle has .291" neck. When I measured the brass neck wall thickness, it varies between .0125 to .0135. I neck turned the brass to removed the high spot and made the wall uniformed to .0125". I use 130 grain Berger exclusively. The bullet measured on average .2645". Using .288 bushing will
give me .002 of neck tension and a .290" neck diameter loaded round.

Just what I needed to know. I am trying some 123 grain Scenar's as well to see what kind of velocities and groups I get. I haven't turned any necks yet, but have been using a .289 bushing so far on the 100 rounds shot through the rifle. I have some 139 grain Scenar's as well, but the word on the street is that they are too heavy for this little cartridge.

Back