Got My New Weatherby Mark V .300 Win Mag!!!

HAWKEYESATX

Handloader
Aug 15, 2016
I just got this in! My New 2005 Limited Edition Weatherby Mark V Special Synthetic in .300 Win Mag.
I had missed buying another Mark V that was the Laminate Stainless Steel version.
But, mine came up a day later, and I thought about it for a day, and finally pulled the trigger on buying it.
I got an astounding deal for it too, but I won't mention how much I paid for it, because it seems too good to be true.
I went with the caliber because I am already set up with .300 Win Mag dies, powders, and bullets.
Plus, I saw this rifle was stainless steel, and thought to myself that it would be more functional on any kind of hunt. Plus I wouldn't have to completely baby it, and worry about the finish on the wood stock. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like the wood stocked Mark V at some time in the future.
I'm going to dress her up with Talley bases and rings, and put a Burris E1 4.5-14x42mm scope on her that I forgot I had in my safe.
I went with the .300 Win Mag in another rifle I had, because #1 - It's very affordable, and really easy to get reloading components for it.
She's not the prettiest rifle, but she works for exactly what I want to do....HUNT in any condition.

Hawk
9aed321ee70f879df41f0d044504d30f.jpg
2853b5fc0c7e9db8aabb9c134659a2e6.jpg

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

SJB358":12acmal4 said:
300 Win is NEVER a poor choice.

Great rifle!
You're so right! I do like the cartridges performance a lot!
There's no flies on it whatsoever!
Thanks for the compliment on the rifle.

Hawk

UPDATE:

I finally got everything in to mount my Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm scope.

The Talley mounts and rings I ordered on Nov. 5th finally came in today, just a mere 2 weeks to ship!! I just got done a few minutes ago, and bore sighted the scope!
She's ready to go to the range! HOO-AH!!

I have to say, I didn't think it was all that pretty, but she has really grown on me. I really do like her a lot!!

Hawk

IMG_20201119_002935190~2.jpgIMG_20201119_003001426~2.jpg

Hawk,
Congratulations on your new Weatherby. She is a beauty. Nothing wrong with the 300 Win Mag, you are set for anything in North America.
Looking forward to hearing about your range report.

JD338

JD338":37c7pkfs said:
Hawk,
Congratulations on your new Weatherby. She is a beauty. Nothing wrong with the 300 Win Mag, you are set for anything in North America.
Looking forward to hearing about your range report.

JD338
Thank you very much.
Yes, I, as well, think she's a beauty.
I just got my 50 once fired cases in, and I have plenty of 180 gr Hornady bullets to load. Plus some Federal 180 gr Soft Points to try.
I have my RL-22, and will be using that first.

Hawk

Back