Grip-n-pull???

Never used it, but the concept is akin to the collet puller. It looks very handy. I have three kinetic pullers which are almost never used any more. I am set up with the Hornady Collet Puller and all the appropriate collets, which I like immensely. If I was just starting, I'd look seriously at this product.

A guru at the range tried one. He thought the grip-n-pull was ok and said it would mark some bullets up a bit. Figure it would be fine for hunting loads but probably not as good for competition loads. If I didn't already have a collet puller, I would probably buy one too.

Love my Hornady too...and I'm not sure why.... but when I pulled bullets with a Hornady Collet puller neck tension seems to stay relatively intact which I did not find with my old Hammer type puller.

I've got a set, they work great and are well worth the money IMO. However, if the entire bullet shank is below the case neck then you have to grab the ojive which doesn't work well. Sometimes a kinetic puller works better.

Would this or a collet die leave marks on the bullets? I' very interested in this product.

Corey

A collet die does leave a mark on the bullet. This particular device may or may not leave a mark on the bullet. It depends on how tight the seal is. Sinclair International sells the Davidson Bullet Puller, which is a similar concept. This will leave a mark on the jacket under certain circumstances.

Hmm. Ok thank you DrMike. The inertia puller is a pain for me. I've ruined tips of bullets and had to put a foam ear plug on the bottom. But then powder will stick in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lot of good comments here. I might mention it can be tough on your hand if there are several to do.

I don't notice marks with my Hornady puller unless there is something pretty strange about the neck tension. Sometimes over time the bullets will take a little bit of a set and need to be cracked loose... if you have enough shank to allow for it push them down about five thousandths of an inch with a seating die before pulling the bullet out and that will loosen things up pretty nicely. I find no accuracy difference in carefully pulled bullets.

Been using Grip N Pull for a while now and really like it. Quick, Clean, and any bullet marking is very minor.

I looked at it but don't see it working with my Co-AX press. It should work fine with any "C" or "O" press. I like how the Hornady works but currently use a Kinetic tool. I put a small piece of foam in mine to avoid tip damage and it seems to work fine.

I've used a regular pair of pliers for years, however, have to add that some are some marked up they are useless. others I have shot have shown no difference at the range...the bullet "bumps up" at firing and still makes a good seal.

I couldn't stand it...I ordered one after reading this and got it in yesterday! To fireform for this 257 Ackley I have on the way, and to gather brass,etc, I will just use the Nosler factory load with the 110AB ( I do 20 at a time, months apart usually) W/O know if this rifle was chambered right, to have a crush fit with factory loads, I may have to seat the bullet out to jam into the leade. I've done that before, but not with ammo this nice/Premium, so I want to keep the bullets as pristine as I can...pliers won't do that, ha. So I have a Grip n Pull now! Thanks for the heads up guys!

Back