Groundhog on the rifle range.

Yoteklr

Work, load, shoot, hunt, repeat
Apr 19, 2022
This little guy and his two siblings live at our rifle range. This is the third year mom had pups here.20240608_095804~2.jpg
They have to be completely deaf! I usually shoot magnums with brakes, today I was shooting a 30 Nosler and a 300 RUM. He never flinched! He's only 20 ft. from my bench.

Saw one in my beans this evening. He's going to get it but after my Mom and Aunt leave here Monday.
I got my first one of the season last week with the 308 Win and a 168 gr TMK. It was only a 120 yard shot but the results were quite decisive.

JD338

We used to have a den of foxes directly under the 100 yard berm. It was fun to watch the kits come out and frolic while people were shooting. Outrageous to see them so unperturbed as people were shooting.

The only good groundhog is a dead one. I got 2 last week in my yard.
My grandfather paid me to shoot them in his empty cattle fields when I was a kid.

Unfortunately this is a public no hunting DNR range. I think the critters know it, lol. This range gets called cold frequently for deer walking around and Turkey hiding behind the target boards.
They'll get ('sploded) though by someone that doesn't have a lot to loose.

We have a lot of critters that visit our range. I watched a large black bear walk out at the 300yds line when I took a break from shooting. Deer are commonly seen all around our facility and turkeys pay us a visit occasionally too. We had a resident groundhog that usually popped out along the edge at about 50yds down range. I always enjoyed seeing him until he disappeared. I was told that someone shot him. I love hunting groundhogs, but I really enjoyed seeing that particular hog each week. I was surprised that anyone would shoot him.

My grandfather paid me to shoot them in his empty cattle fields when I was a kid.

Unfortunately this is a public no hunting DNR range. I think the critters know it, lol. This range gets called cold frequently for deer walking around and Turkey hiding behind the target boards.
They'll get ('sploded) though by someone that doesn't have a lot to loose.
I've never met a farmer that would deny you shooting them. I damn near flipped a tractor on a groundhog hole when i was 8yrs old.

Back