Hard times of farming.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
A joke I remember from way back.

Farmer was working on some equipment and his 16 yr old son came to him and said Dad all my friends have cars to run around in, when can I get a car?

Farmer looks at him and says well son, you see that combine over there? When that combine is paid for we will get you a car. The boy walks off.

Farmers 8 yr old boy comes up to him and says Dad all my friends have new bikes, when can I get a bike? Farmer looks at him and says son you see that combine over there? When that combine is paid for, we will get you a bike. Boy walks off.

Farmers little 4 yr old see all this and thought he'd give it a try on something much cheaper. Walks up to him and says Dad, my friend Johnny has a tricycle and it's a lot of fun, when can I get a tricycle? Farmer looks at him and says well son, you see that combine over there? When that combine is paid for we will get you a tricycle. Little boy sulks off dejected head down with his hands in his pockets. Farmer thought poor little guy, he's too young to understand.

About that time a hen chicken comes running around the corner and the rooster runs her down and jumps on her. Little boy angrily goes up to the rooster and gives him a big kick and hollers NOBODY RIDES NOTHING AROUND HERE UNTIL THAT COMBINE IS PAID FOR!

Back