Have you seen?

Very handsome. I can see that being worth grabbing. Hmmmm. I don't own a .270...

Will it be made in Portugal like the rest of the M70's are now? That just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

5shot":3hcl1tnq said:
Will it be made in Portugal like the rest of the M70's are now? That just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I sorta have the same feeling BUT I believe they say made in the US and assembled in Portugal. Not perfect but the Brownings that came out of Portugal were always nice and solid firearms.

I have been fidgety since they moved them from New Haven. Just feels weird not seeing that stamped on the barrels...

SJB358":jb2r0lnc said:
5shot":jb2r0lnc said:

I sorta have the same feeling BUT I believe they say made in the US and assembled in Portugal. Not perfect but the Brownings that came out of Portugal were always nice and solid firearms.

Maybe not the case anymore...

imagejpg1_zpsc57afa90.jpg

I was lucky and found a NIB featherweight on gunbroker a few weeks ago that actually says Made in USA, with no mention of Portugal. Been sitting in the shop for a long time. Don't know that I'd buy one made in Portugal, just out of principle.

Just to settle it...this is a crop of the image on the link above. Kinda sad, but it sure is beautiful.

23915721114_bf38e1cc98_b.jpg

I'd really rather Model 70s be made entirely in the USA, but I really don't have any reservations about the skill and workmanship of people in other countries. I have two of the later Model 70s and they are very, very nice rifles. My Japanese made Winchester 52 is gorgeous. I can say they'd have a touch more charm if it said "Made in the USA" on them.

Back