Have Your Tried the Nosler AccuBond?

147 Grain

Beginner
May 17, 2005
I believe the AccuBond is the best all-around bullet you can choose from.

325-sequences.gif

For starters, the AccuBond is a Ballistic Efficient round with an aerodynamic BC of .509 - enabling more downrange energy on target.

accubondcut.jpg

Example:

When comparing a bullet's energy in a 30-06 versus a 300 Win Mag, if you put a premium 180-gr. Nosler AccuBond bullet in a 30-06 at 2,750 fps MV and compare it to a plain jane Winchester 180-gr. Power Point in a 300 Win Mag at 2,960 fps MV, the 30-06 AccuBond will have an amazing 104 ft. lbs more energy at 300 yards: that's right - 2,005 versus 2,001 (Source: Winchester's 2005 Ammo Catalog, p. 10 - 13).

So you see the 180-gr. AccuBond with a BC of .509 easily makes up for and passes the 210 fps velocity advantage the 180-gr. Power Point had because of its much lower BC of only .349. In this case, the 30-06 180-gr. AccuBond outperforms a 300 Win Mag 180-gr. Power Point at 300 yards.

Moreover, a Nosler Technician recently reported that in comparison to the Hornady InterBond, the AccuBond not only expands more than the InterBond (providing more shock), it also penetrates more by shedding shrapnel along the way to the point where the slightly smaller bullet actually penetrates more than the larger mushroom on the InterBond.

The AccuBond's design took 4 1/2 years in the making.

I like this bullet because it provides excellent expansion and its unique ability to slowly shed weight enables it to penetrate more than the competition, so you get the best of both worlds.

http://www.nosler.com/accubond.html

Cool graphics and it sounded a little like a paid, political announcement but you convinced me. I'm loading em but I havn't hunted with em. The truth is in the post mortim! I'm really looking forward to the ballistics and accuracy. So far the accuracy part is great, two holes touching at 200 yds. Of course I immediatly stopped shooting at that point. :grin:

Quote: Greg Nolan: "I'm loading em but I havn't hunted with em. The truth is in the post mortim!"

Greg, I'm with you on that one!! I've loaded em up but haven't hunted with them yet. I'm getting some extremely good groups out of my 7MM-08. All groups are sub MOA with a few spactacular ones. Average group size overall is a little over 1/2" @100.

Here are a couple of the better groups: Dark lines = 1/2", lighter lines are 1/4"

140Accubond_40.5%20Varget_053005.jpg
140Accubond_42.0%20Varget_053005.jpg

I'm really lookeing forward to deer season so I can see how these actually perform on game! Dang sure can't blame a miss on the bullet though!

firstshot
---------------------------------------
Make the first shot count!

P.S. No affiliation with Nosler other than one of many satisfied customers. :lol:

I am truly impressed with the way they shoot. I still wish I could get more info on kill shot success with game. Partitions have done the job so well for so long...it is tough to even try even though the bullets shoot well.

My friend used the 200 AB last year in his SAKO 300 WBY on an elk. Shot under 200 yds behind shoulder. Dropped at the shot! Complete exit and heart/lungs=SOUP!

Used 180 grn. AccuBond out of 300 winnie to take a nice mule deer buck at 452 yds. last year. MV was 3148 fps. Hit deer in shoulder leaving much devastation and kept going. Deer dropped in its tracks. Shoots under 1/2" in my gun. Very impressed. Hope to try on elk this year.

I'm feeling better about this all the time. Deer is comming up and I( and 1,000 other hunters) put in for the California elk drawing. Maybe I'll have some results to share in September. I'm getting anxious for the October elk hunt in Colorado. That African hunt, that was mentioned, was pretty convincing but I agree the Partition has been so good for so long it really is hard to change, :)

Back