Having 2nd thoughts on Antelope Rifle - which say you?

Many years ago- I gave Fotis a little grief for taking a 416 Wby or some such after Antelope...."too much gun" I said etc. What did I know! He shot it well, was comfortable with it, and it did the job. Either rifle will serve you if you shoot it well. Take the one you enjoy and dont give it a second thought. The fun is in the pursuit, the country, and the company. If you had to a borrow 30-40 Krag from behind some ranchers door, it wouldn't it make it any less fun! My .02- Pics and the tale will be required.... :)CL

My $.04 (inflation) - I will be going on a guided hunt in June. I will be taking two rifles simply because I don't want to waste the money if something happens to my primary. So, I also suggest you take both and use the one you feel the most confident with as your primary. As long as you understand why you feel limited with the other one (range, power, whatever), you can compensate if you need to fall back on it. Adding something to one of your rifles with a hunt "a couple of weeks" away seems like a risk to me, however.

My $.04 (inflation) - I will be going on a guided hunt in June. I will be taking two rifles simply because I don't want to waste the money if something happens to my primary. So, I also suggest you take both and use the one you feel the most confident with as your primary. As long as you understand why you feel limited with the other one (range, power, whatever), you can compensate if you need to fall back on it. Adding something to one of your rifles with a hunt "a couple of weeks" away seems like a risk to me, however.

Considering that the question was asked in 2016 and the OP hasn't been on here in 5 years, I think the problem has been solved.

Back