Headsup. Ramshot Magnum and H1000 available!

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Just got 5 lbs of Magnum. Very good temp sensitive powder from Ramshot. Just as stable as H1000! I have plenty of H1000 so not ordered. Works for most magnum cartridges and under $30/lbs.

Powder valley.

FYI

Attachments

• slow powders burning rate  LRT.PNG
    slow powders burning rate LRT.PNG
    25.2 KB · Views: 19
Is RS Magnum really faster burning than Magpro?

Thanks.

Thanks, I just remember Magro being advertised for the short magnum cases. And it looks like Hodgdon got it wrong.Screenshot_20220809-125738_Photos.jpg

Remember... the differences (even though 5 steps from slower to faster) can be so minute you might not notice same that much. Moreover, the physical characteristics of each cartridge/rifle/chamber can possibly make a difference.

I have just started using Magnum this past year and I have to admit, the stuff has been excellent in my 6.5 PRC with 139's and my 300 RUM with 168 TTSX's. Plus, you cannot hardly beat the price of it!

I don't pay too much attention to burn rate charts, when they are all that close they can swap places pretty quick with different lots of the powder.. Good reference but they aren't written in stone.

Scotty what are you seeing for velocity with magnum in the prc? what is your weight? I'm getting 2880 with 61.9gn of magnum. Bullet is a hornady bthp 140gn.

Yes the accuracy is there mine are to. But my es and sd is a little high and i'm not close to the speed your seeing. Hornady data says i should be around 3000.

Scott, you're getting some admirable results with the Magnum. I have used a lot of it, always with fair to good results in a variety of cartridges.

Back