Hello from new member

truck driver":3p7zwwf7 said:
DrMike":3p7zwwf7 said:
truck driver":3p7zwwf7 said:
But there is one thing you need to know and that is if you don't already own a rifle in 280 AI or a 35 Whelen you Will sooner or later because they will talk you into it :roll: :lol: (y)

Who is this "they" Rodger? Just wondering. I will not stand for you slandering Scotty and Jake in that manner! :twisted:
Now DrMike I thought you were above name calling and to mention poor Scotty and Jake in that manner with out including your self the King of the enablers here on the forum and the teacher of all others. :shock: :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

Ain't never enabled anyone. Well, maybe just a little. 'Course, everyone needs a Whelen. And a 280. And a...

DrMike":2arwgui6 said:
truck driver":2arwgui6 said:
DrMike":2arwgui6 said:
truck driver":2arwgui6 said:
But there is one thing you need to know and that is if you don't already own a rifle in 280 AI or a 35 Whelen you Will sooner or later because they will talk you into it :roll: [emoji38] (y)

Who is this "they" Rodger? Just wondering. I will not stand for you slandering Scotty and Jake in that manner! :twisted:
Now DrMike I thought you were above name calling and to mention poor Scotty and Jake in that manner with out including your self the King of the enablers here on the forum and the teacher of all others. :shock: :roll: [emoji38] :mrgreen:

Ain't never enabled anyone. Well, maybe just a little. 'Course, everyone needs a Whelen. And a 280. And a...
And the King of Enablers has spoken.
Go forth and acquire. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

DrMike":3pzegjpd said:
Et tu, Vincent? :(
I was trying to enable you to go forth and spread the gospel of the .35 Whelen. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

As it turns out, I have an old .348 Winchester that actually brought home a few Mich. whitetails for me years ago when I could still see open sights. Still like to shoot it but haven't done so since moving on to scoped rifles.
You guys got me remembering reading in Ackley's book that he developed a .348 AI among a bunch of other calibers.
Wondering if I could find the right reamer for that, I could make it do everything the .35 Whelen can do - - - maybe not quite as accurately. Still have some Nosler Originals for it.
Second thought, no, it'll always still be a rifle for up close on scary things (can't use spitzers).
The .280 AI is intriguing. I bet it will do the same as my 7 Rem Mag with less recoil.
- - - jmak920 :) :arrow: :grin:

Back