Hello, my name is double_d, and I have a problem!

double_d

Beginner
Dec 30, 2011
So I am minding my own business, and check SPS, like I do most days.....hmmmm, 7mm balistic tips....$8.95.....nice.....add to cart

WOW....7mm E-tip (overruns) less than 1/2 price.....add to cart

problem is I don't own a 7mm anything, and now I have 600 7mm bullest on the brown truck headed my way. I NEED HELP!

To remedy the problem, I found a NIB Win extreme weather 7mm WSM on gunbroker and before I knew what happened, and really it was an out of body experience, the BIN button got clicked.

What the H*LL just happened?

So now I am off to find a scope and some mounts..... :mrgreen:

Long story short, I just bought a new gun because SPS had some bullets on special.....

Can someone help me???........................with some starting loads for a 7WSM

Yes you do have a problem indeed. The worst part about your problem is you didn't have any one "enable" you. Your down a perilous dangerous road for sure.

Welcome to the forum. Someone will be on to give you suggestions with the 7WSM.

Jake

Bullets (or cases, or a scope, or even mounts) that happen to be lying around are dangerous in the extreme. One must be aware that such items never just lie there; they seduce the unwary into reaching for the wallet to extract plastic as they grow into entire projects. I have a couple of safes that grew out of precisely such an event. My goodness, it has begun again for another innocent soul. Actually, it all sounds like a great adventure. I do enjoy the 7WSM immensely.

I really hate it when that happens!

I got a new safe, went from a 14 gun to a 24 gun, and have a new build starting and a bit of horse trading going on for a new rifle. My wife was less than impressed, until I told her one of the new rifles was hers. That seemed to help a bit :mrgreen:

I got a new safe, went from a 14 gun to a 24 gun, and have a new build starting and a bit of horse trading going on for a new rifle.

As bad as the situation will be when one has secured unfired bullets (or cases), securing a new safe is positively detrimental to marital bliss. It will require extreme mental dexterity to tiptoe through the minefield one has entered to keep the queen of the house from injuring the poor soul that dared violate her home with that item. Jake, you're learning. However, I am impressed by your quick thinking to assure your dear lady that one of the rifles belongs to her.

I have done that before when someone gave me dies for something I did not have

I like the fact that you had a problem = all those pesky 7mm bullets and you had the mindset to find a solution = buy a new 7wsm. THAT my friends is ingenuity! Way to take the bull by the horns.

Boy this poor soul has Rifle Addiction Deficit Disorder - RADD and I think we might be too late to help him! :mrgreen:

A solution seeking a problem - I love it! Welcome to a select group of people who understand, empathize, enable and otherwise share the same affliction. May I suggest a 7-08 to fully take advantage of the over supply of bullets?

Scott

You should have posted here beforehand with a plea for "help." That way you might have had an alibi. You have committed a major blunder, but you will be absolved when you shoot those first sub-MOA groups. No pressure, though! :mrgreen:

I once purchased 3500 9mm bullets..... about 2 years before even owning a 9mm pistol. They were a good deal.

I own many sets of dies for calibers that I don't own [yet].

I possess 5k large pistol primers, but don't own a pistol that shoots them,... but someday a 1911 will appear, I hope. Maybe I should buy one to give my wife for her birthday....

I own a rather large inventory of 120 grain 7mm bullets; probably enough for several years shooting... These I use as often as possible in the trusty little 7mm-08 Model 7; but still the inventory is "ample". I haven't shot another bullet in this rifle in years. But I just bought 6 boxes of 140's for the 7Mag [that I sold last month]. Maybe another will appear in the future, if it does I NEED to have some suitable bullets to load for it.

I hope to someday own enough loading supplies that I'll be able to shoot and load as much as I want and not have to worry about availability. After being burned in the great primer drought of 2008, I am determined to never be in that position again.

Now what would be really nice is if SPS began packaging hunting bullet 2nds and overruns in 250 bullet bulk packs, or even 500 packs. There is extra room in those plastic bags, they could hold more bullets, it would be more environmentally friendly, do it for the children.

double_d":fy8das6c said:
So I am minding my own business, and check SPS, like I do most days.....hmmmm, 7mm balistic tips....$8.95.....nice.....add to cart

WOW....7mm E-tip (overruns) less than 1/2 price.....add to cart

problem is I don't own a 7mm anything, and now I have 600 7mm bullest on the brown truck headed my way. I NEED HELP!

To remedy the problem, I found a NIB Win extreme weather 7mm WSM on gunbroker and before I knew what happened, and really it was an out of body experience, the BIN button got clicked.

What the H*LL just happened?

So now I am off to find a scope and some mounts..... :mrgreen:

Long story short, I just bought a new gun because SPS had some bullets on special.....

Can someone help me???........................with some starting loads for a 7WSM

Can't help you with loads, but know the problem.
I usually find good deals on dies i can't pass on,,,then what...
oh well, might as well build a gun for them :lol:

This sounding like a disease happening! :mrgreen:

Dr Mike,
Nothing gets past the Queen at my house!! :roll:

Don

I'd be happy to give you advice, but I've yet to find a cure.... I think my record for 'chain of events leading to a new rifle' was being given a really nice set of wood 870 furniture. It lead to a custom shotgun build. :p

I guess I'm a little slow on the take up but I just can't see where there was a problem at all. The whole process sounded like it followed a normal course of events to a happy ending. :grin:
Greg

Does this make me an enabler? :twisted:

muleman":xeuzp933 said:
A solution seeking a problem - I love it! Welcome to a select group of people who understand, empathize, enable and otherwise share the same affliction. May I suggest a 7-08 to fully take advantage of the over supply of bullets?

Scott

Scott,

I think it's more like a temporary solution to a permanant problem!! I know it is for me!

Jake

That's it now the 'Toyshop' is your new pharmacy! :mrgreen:
Downside: Councelling doesn't help. Medicine although expensive, is much less expensive than in Europe. :?
Upside: lots of fun & new additions to stock frequently. Frequent trips to the range & hunting. :grin:
Enjoy.

Back