Help me identify this trigger......

cloverleaf

Handloader
Sep 10, 2006
Below you will find some pictures of "aggie" (yes I name my rifle..... short for aggravation). At one point I bought a Bold brand trigger for a 98 Mauser with the intention of putting that in. Unfortunately none of the holes lined up....Remember aggravation?? :roll: Any way... barring that I stick with what it came with. If you look closely you can see where some one cut the "side safety lever" off the trigger :roll: :shock: > So what or where did this thing come from? ITs creepy and on the verge of too light for a hunting rifle. I have no plans to change anything currently. I have spent all I plan to on this one. It can be very accurate and it is a sentimental favorite. So what is it? CL

I had her all apart to clean and give it the "Eezox treatment". I have done all of my other fireams and really like how it has worked. I waited to do so with this rifle as I am very protective of it. Hopefully it will be well protected. Waxed the stock as well. Enjoyable time spent. CL

I could be way way off here clover leaf but it kinda looks like its one of the original trigger that where put into the interarms Mark X, and someone either replaced the bolt or at least put the wing safety on it like the 98 mauser, My Mark X has the slide safety like the one that was cut off yours, BUT the trigger I have looks a lot like a REM 700 trigger, (Pre Lawyer ones) right down to the 3 adjustment screws on it. Mine is adjustable, and I take it that the one u have is not ?.. Are there any markings on the receiver ? because it sure doesn't look like a military action... from what I can see that receiver looks like a carbon copy of mine right down to the way the bolt is swept back, only it does NOT have the wing safety on the bolt. I bought mine new in 1982 if I remember right and it is a Zastava, made in Yugoslavia.

The action is marked "FN" and "Made in Belgum". It does not have a cutout for a stripper clip. Now that you mention it. The action looks like my Dads Herter's interarms Mark X that he bought "new" from them. I never saw the trigger on that one. The action has been bead blasted so some of the markings may be gone. The barrel has only a caliber designation on it- no other visible marks. There is one adjustment for what I will call "sear engagement. CL

You should be able to either replace or stretch that spring that sits under the tang, ten to one someone cut it to lighten the pull. I pull my book out that came with mine, it shows 2 different triggers, and neither one looks like yours, truck driver could be right. I've never seen a parker hale so I guess I'm going to be no help.. good luck in your search..

cloverleaf":vi8ni8tm said:
The action is marked "FN" and "Made in Belgum". It does not have a cutout for a stripper clip. Now that you mention it. The action looks like my Dads Herter's interarms Mark X that he bought "new" from them. I never saw the trigger on that one. The action has been bead blasted so some of the markings may be gone. The barrel has only a caliber designation on it- no other visible marks. There is one adjustment for what I will call "sear engagement. CL

Your trigger look pretty close to what was on Browning FN actions for rifles that are 30-06 length or longer. On the pictures I have the trigger stop screw has a nut that can be tighten after spring is adjusted and they use different bolt stop/thumb piece. They show action with bolt in and bolt handles covers part of the trigger and picture little darker so can't get real detail on the safety.

Might be good place to start.

Back