Henry XModel 44 mag

djauofd

Beginner
Oct 30, 2017
Just picked up this gem.
c1528d64063add74da2f1a42bad59ea4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really like the looks of it. It's a nice feature to be able to use either the loading gate or tubular magazine to load or unload. Henry seems like a fantastic company.

gerry":1h3envxa said:
Really like the looks of it. It's a nice feature to be able to use either the loading gate or tubular magazine to load or unload. Henry seems like a fantastic company.
Can’t wait to take it to the range. Considering a muzzle brake with a outer 13/16 x16 tip thread so I can use a blast shield or latter a suppressor. Breek Arms makes a nice one. Unfortunately thy only make it up to 308 as it is an AR driven technology. To get .020 clearance a 11 mm drill will work. Or I can have a custom made by Mac Gun works . The Breek brake and blast shield cost about $70 the custom break Cerakoted black will run just shy of $100 bucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They look like really nice rifles - considering one my self in 44 mag.

Let us know how you like it!

On the suppressor side of things, just something to check and or verify.
I don't think a lot of the pistol suppressors are available with 13/16x16 thread adapters / inserts. I've seen a decent number for 11/16x24 (which I think is becoming the industry standard with Ruger using it for the 450 bushmaster), m18x1 and 5/8x24 which is what the rifle is threaded for. So you might have to get a custom adapter if you go the the suppressor route in the future or take the brake off and go back to the 5/8x24 threads on the barrel.

Nimrod84":398sbqen said:
They look like really nice rifles - considering one my self in 44 mag.

Let us know how you like it!

On the suppressor side of things, just something to check and or verify.
I don't think a lot of the pistol suppressors are available with 13/16x16 thread adapters / inserts. I've seen a decent number for 11/16x24 (which I think is becoming the industry standard with Ruger using it for the 450 bushmaster), m18x1 and 5/8x24 which is what the rifle is threaded for. So you might have to get a custom adapter if you go the the suppressor route in the future or take the brake off and go back to the 5/8x24 threads on the barrel.
Thanks. Got it

Actually finding that on brakes as well . Got to get a custom brake made unless I go with the Ranger Point Store Comet which is a hefty $120 no outside threads.

Rifle should be threaded 5/8x24 - so their should be a few proprietary brakes out their. They would probably limit you to suppressors by the same manufacturer though and not all of them have factory available shields.

I'm not really knowledgeable on suppressors but I would sure think that https://www.griffinarmament.com/taper-mount-ez-brake/ in 45 cal with 5/8x24 threads would work if you wanted a Griffin suppressor. I'm not sure on the shield situation though... I know they make them for their Taper mounts, not sure on the EZ-Brake mount.

ECCO Machinery might be able to whip something up for you as well, I know he makes his own mounts for suppressors. https://www.facebook.com/ECCOmachine/ He can also rework a lot of suppressors to work with different threads as well.

Nimrod84":1b4a22lk said:
Rifle should be threaded 5/8x24 - so their should be a few proprietary brakes out their. They would probably limit you to suppressors by the same manufacturer though and not all of them have factory available shields.

I'm not really knowledgeable on suppressors but I would sure think that https://www.griffinarmament.com/taper-mount-ez-brake/ in 45 cal with 5/8x24 threads would work if you wanted a Griffin suppressor. I'm not sure on the shield situation though... I know they make them for their Taper mounts, not sure on the EZ-Brake mount.

ECCO Machinery might be able to whip something up for you as well, I know he makes his own mounts for suppressors. https://www.facebook.com/ECCOmachine/ He can also rework a lot of suppressors to work with different threads as well.
Thanks a lot for the info. Searching for brakes and suppressors is a new field for me.

I like the looks of that for a camp gun quite a bit. Part of me wants a take-down version like the Chiappa, but I don't like the cost of the takedown lever guns I've seen.

Looks good and with a recoil pad. The steel on my Rossi 45 Colt wails the snot out of me with full house loads.

Well did some hand loading over the last couple of days ran some ladders on some 243 gr cast flat nose ( plinking AMMO). Then sone 240 gr and 300 gr XTP’s. Put a Picatinny scope Mount and place a Vortex Venom Red dot. The cast for plonking ran 9.0 to 9.5 gr. Of 700 X not a max velocity round I’m guessing around 1,450 FPS out of the 17.5” barrel. The XTP’s are both using Winchester 296. 240’s 23.5 gr to 24 gr. 300’s 20.5 gr to 21 gr. Looking like I should get 1740 or so from the 240’s and Round 1,525 or so from the 300’s
b57cc59f807b0b96a4490af1f813e61e.jpg

Back