Hey Nosler,125gr .308 Ballistic Tip ????

Cabela;s was out too as was the local Sportsman's Warehouse. They are by far the
most accurate bullets I have found for my 30-30 Handi rifle. Better than the Accubonds
probably cause of the weight in this type of break action.

Hi i use them on deer and coyotes here in Arkansas out of my 300wby. I have got 300 rds loaded up. I think i got 400 or 500 bullets to load up in the 125gr BT. VM

I cant believe you use the 125g BTIP on deer out of a 300 Weatheby. Speed does not always kill. When you wound a deer because the bullet fragmented and didn't penetrate, dont blame it on Btips. There are way better bullets for deer out of a 300 weatheby then the 125g btip.

I bought 1 box of these to try out of my 300 RUM for a coyote load. They were scooting along at 3950fps. To fast. I set up a milk jug filled with water at 100 yards on top of a post. To my amazement, that jug literally vaporized into a cloud of mist about 10 feet in diameter. There was not even a single drop of water on top of that post out of a gallon. That tells you that there is absolutely no penetration at that kind of velocity. Lucky for mr coyote I did not see one with the rest of my 30 shells I had loaded up. I had a feeling if he did, he woulda been either split in half, or dang near close to it. I would never ever even consider thinking about using that bullet for deer.

Nosler please do not discontinue the .308 125gr. Bal. Tip. I have a Browning Micro-Medallion in .308Win. It weighs exactly 6.0lbs, with a short 20", light barrel and a 1 in 12" twist. It'll group at .572" (5 at 100yds.) fairly reliably and has a MV of 3175fps. It's far and away the most accurate bullet I use in my Browning. I'd be crushed if the bullet were no longer made. Nothing else even comes close to its accuracy. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Doesn't look like "Nosler" has any plans to answer this question. Thread has been here for a week and no reply from our host!

This is my favorite bullet in 30-06, .308, as well as my 30-30 contender carbine. I would hate to see it discontinued.

Michael Courtney

They are all over the place here in WY. I really don't think anyone uses them...just joking.

Back