High power binos - 15 X

orchemo

Handloader
Dec 13, 2006
Thinking a out trying some high power binos for spot and stalking bears. Put them on a tripod and glass for a while. Anyone with experience?

I have a nicespotter already but mainly use it at the range. Also have good 10 X binos which are quite nice too

Thanks

I use 15X on a tripod in place of a spotter.

If you want to count points you need a spotter. If not, you don't. I don't count points. Legal is fair game in my book.

If you go with the 15X take a look at Minox or Vortex if you don't go with Swarovski. I have the Minox 15 X 56.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Something worth considering...

A high quality rangefinder works too, and fills 2 needs... Glassing and ranging.

Swaro and Leica have some good options.

The glass in my Leica 1600B rangefinder is THE best glass I've ever looked though, without question.

That model is only 7x, but they have bino's that range too.

I have a pair of konus 20x60 binos. Considering the price they are great. Tripod is mandatory but I find much less eye fatigue over a spotter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If ya know somebody that has a pair of the 15s, try them for a weekend. Walking-around glasses can weigh a lot if over 10-12x for reasonably $ glass.

Vortex 15x60 are about $650 and might fit the bill,

YMMV

I am looking for these for spring bear which here is Oregon is lots of spotting on clear cuts. Here is my ride to the tops of the clear cuts. Upon seeing the right bear, the stalk begins. So, weight to carry himing is less of a concern as my Zeiss HD 10x cover that

orchemo":1zovbstn said:
Found a pair of Minox 15 x that are coming my way.
I think you'll be pleased.
Congratulations.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back