Hmmm, this may be a .375 year!

Guy Miner":cibxbj4s said:
Then you really would need a .375! :mrgreen: I surely do think highly of that bullet though, and it's possible to boot it out a lot faster than the leisurely 2620 fps I run it at.

You just got some kind of cannon not long ago though didn't you?

I've lost track of who bought what anymore. 'Specially Fotis... :grin:

Guy

Guy

I need a 375 RUM! :mrgreen:
I did buy a Weatherby Mark 5 Euro 416 Wby from Fotis and it is a hoot.
Something about the big bores just gets into your blood. 8)

JD338

"It's just a ten-day plains game hunt,"
And just a dream for me, heck I could live 6-7 day hunt as of now.
I wish you all the success and fun to come with the 10 day hunt Guy!

Dave - as I was planning this, I got a lot of advice from guys who have already done it and most of them recommended a ten-day hunt, minimum.

Their point boiled down to if you're already paying for the air fare, and putting up with two, twenty hour flights (ugh). Then might as well stay a few more days, relax and enjoy the hunt. A few also recommended going for more animals, but... I dunno, I think hunting four or five different animals over ten days will be quite sufficient for me. So different from our nine-day mule deer season here, where I may hunt hard and only see one or two legal bucks during the whole nine days!

It is a dream of mine too. I thought that this was a good time of life to do it. Bills are largely paid off. Finances are good, cash is on hand for the hunt. Still working. Kids are grown. I'm desperately hanging on to my "mid 50's" :grin: and trying to stay in reasonably good physical condition...

Plains Game hunt prices aren't bad either... Yeah, it's going to take a chunk out of my savings, but... What the heck? Why not?

In fact, I'm hoping to make at least one or two more trips over the next few years. We'll see...

Regards, Guy

Back