Hornady ELD-X Bullet

DON

Handloader
Dec 3, 2013
Anyone loaded this bullet up in a 300 RUM yet or 30-06?? I believe it's Hornady's answer to our AccuBond LR bullet near I can tell. Curious what the forum members think of it.

Don

Hi Don,
The ELD is not bonded. It flys well and is accurate. I'm concerned about it's high speed impacts. In tests that I was reading about in other forums it came apart at impacts above 2900fps. In a 300Win I think it would do well. In a 30Nosler or bigger I'd be worried about close in impacts.
Scott

Personally I will stick to the 200 grain AccuBond. The Hornady will not hold that well past 3K fps

I'm with you Fotis, I have a great load currently for my 300 RUM using the 200 AB, thanks to you buddy!! I was just curious at the new offering. Heck I think our ABLR Bullet is terrific but I'm more than satisfied with my load going 3050 fps.

I will check the bullet section out. Yeah I was wondering about close impacts with the ELD-X too.

Thanks you guys,
Don

Don't see myself using anything other than the 200 AB in my 300 RUM. Shoots and works great. Maybe the 182 E-tip if Oregon goes with the lead ban.

Yeah, the more I have read about it convinces me I'm shooting the right bullet with the 200 AB.
I do agree with Dr. Mike stating, as more info is fed back to Hornady from the hunting community they will make some adjustments in the offering. I've shot Hornady's in the past they are a good company with good products.

Don

DON":p3ycx7vt said:
Yeah, the more I have read about it convinces me I'm shooting the right bullet with the 200 AB.
I do agree with Dr. Mike stating, as more info is fed back to Hornady from the hunting community they will make some adjustments in the offering. I've shot Hornady's in the past they are a good company with good products.

Don

With the way I've seen the 200 AB work I'd have a really hard time using anything else, especially on elk. It has hammered them really hard. Recovered bullets have looked excellent.

My plan is to stack 200ab in the mag and carry a few eld-x for those long pokes. Shoot to same poi in my hammer.

Back