How long ago did Remington aquire Marlin/H&R??

I fire up my search engine and check the dates of the news articles for this type of question.

jim

Remington and their parent company have been on a buying spree. They also aquired Bushmaster. Alot of Remington top brass was oused and replaced with new Bushmaster blood, hence the new r-25.

Cerberus Capital Management, a private investment group bought Bushmaster in 2006 , Remington in mid 2007, Marlin late 2007.

Jungle Jim, The way your reply is worded it indicates that Cerberus Capital Mgt. (CCM) owns Bushmaster, Rem & Marlin instead of Rem owning Bushmaster and Marlin. Is this correct? I guess the only difference is whose board makes the decisions. Accorcing to your reply CCM's board is the controller and not Rem.'s.

From an earlier post:

Ok, Here's the story.
Cerberus Capital Management, a Private equity firm, has been on a gun buying spree.

They've aquired:
Bushmaster: April 2006
Remington Arms in April 2007
Cobb Manufacturing in August 2007 (they make AR and bolt style rifles in .308, 30.06, .338 Lapua, and .50 BMG. Their president was named President of R&D at Bushmaster, Cobb also designed the MCR system as seen on Future Weapons with Mac)
DPMS Panther Arms in December 2007
Remington Arms just aquired Marlin Firearms.

After the acquisition of Remington, Cerberus cleaned house, axing several Remington executives, and replacing them with Executives from Bushmaster, hence the new R-25 line.

The good news is that Cerberus has a reputation of rejuvinating companies, with an emphasis on improving management, modernization, investing in R&D, and improving marketing efforts.

Lets hope this leads to some interesting innovation that we can all test at the range.

In other words, everything rolls up and ultimatly Cerberus is in control.

Back