Howa 243Win. Comments.

John57

Beginner
Jan 26, 2006
I've just bought a Howa 1500 in stainless and wood, and and am currently shooting premium factory loads in a variety of bullet weights. I'm pretty happy with the outfit thus far, but i'd like to know what sort of groups anyone else is getting out there, first with the standard rifle, and second, with one or all of the following done.
- Trigger improvement (My biggest gripe)
- Floating the barrel
- Bedding the action.
Any handload data with 80-90 grn bullets, and any comments or observations about this rifle would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, John

My brother-in-law has a 1500 in.243, blue/synthetic. He loves it. My wife and I have two 7mm REMs, hers is stainless syn, mine is a blue syn Vanguard, they both put BTs in sub inch groups. I haven't fooled with anything but the trigger on mine. In IMO the Howa 1500 is on the top few rifles at any price for dependability/accuracy on the market. I do know of one 1500 in .338 that took some tinkering to get to shoot though.
Dave.

That's encouraging to hear of the Howas accuracy. I was beginning to wonder about them. I know they make them with varmint weight barrels and the stocks on those rifles look like they'd be good for a heavy varmint rifle, but I rarely see anything about their accuracy in the gun magazines. This is good to hear. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Back