Hunting Photos

Good thread. In the last couple of years I've been relying on the IPhone exclusively for photos. Newer cameras in the phones are as good as dedicated digital cameras just a few years back and in many cases, better.

My biggest issue with taking photos is that I generally do it as an afterthought. This thread is a good reminder to take photos just because you can. Take a lot and then high grade out the good ones.

I think Jake and Guy both make great points... I hate seeing tongues hanging out or people sitting on a critter. I try to make it tasteful and if I can't, usually just don't bother. Also pretty much don't like guns on the critter for the most part- I killed it, not the gun. In some examples it could be in context- most cases it just seems out of place. YMMV, just my $0.02.

Here is a picture from the Alaska peninsula this spring.nloce these pictures and tell part of the story.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    856.7 KB · Views: 526
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 526
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 526
Here's a few trophy photos that I like how they came out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 526
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 526
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 526
Few more never hurt.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 526
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 526
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 526
Ya sorry, figures out how to post pics...lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 526
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 526
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 526
Good info and some really great images here. Here is a trick I just happened on:

On my buffalo trophy picture, the bison had bright red blood in his nostrils. When printing the picture I tried using the "red eye out" tool in the edit feature. I clicked it on the nostrils and they turned black. Worked so well that you can't tell that it was done on an 8.5"x11" photo.

Guy Miner":2ejdykr8 said:
There are some great photos posted here! Wow! :grin:

BuckA1.jpg

Here's my 2007 mulie buck. A pretty nice tall rack, and yes, he's turned out to be very good eating already!

Regards, Guy

Okay, I was looking through the 2006-07 Hunting Pics and came across this. Nice buck Guy, and you are smiling.

Great thread by the way.

That was a memorable year. I'd booked a guided, horseback, backcountry mule deer hunt in Wyoming. Had my tag. Then two bad things hit:

I got in a brutal fight with a violent suspect, and although (with help) I managed to get him in handcuffs and to the jail (via an ambulance), I was rather banged up from the fight and needed surgery. So - I was a hurting puppy, and not anywhere close to my usual standards of physical fitness, but I was willing to try anyway.

Then my guide/outfitter went out of business. :(

I was pretty blue, and commented on it, online. Next thing I know, I've got an invite to hunt on some property in Wyoming, near where I had intended to hunt. It was a nice, mellow, easy hunt, exactly what I needed that year. And I made some great friends. Wow... So grateful to those wonderful folks.

Never did think that 2007 buck photo was all that great - the guy borrowing my camera didn't really understand how to use it, but it's a photo. :) Those antlers are hanging on a wall at another friend's house now, inspiring her son to love the great outdoors.

See, good memories from a photo - even if it's not that great of a photo. I think I'm smiling because I had just about given up being able to hunt that year! BTW, a .25-06 at 25 yards works just fine...

Regards, Guy

Back