Hunting this year

#1 " HOPEFULLY " Archery Big Horns... " if drawn "
#2 put in second choice archery elk ( will go somewhere no matter )
#3 Put in second choice archery deer....
#4 Preference point for Lopes.....
#5 Hopefully over the counter / caps archery bear.....
#6 since none of those will happen, left over private land cow tag at the end of Nov.... :grin:

Colorado: black bear and doe muzzleloader if drawn
doe antelope rifle if drawn
cow,bull, and buck rifle season
coyotes and prairie dogs now thru fall
trout/walleye fishing now thru fall
Wyoming: doe antelope if I can get leftover tags

I am working the draws this year too: Alberta for deer; Oregon for blacktail deer; Colorado for mule deer; and Montana for deel & elk. I probably won't do all of these, but it is fun to apply and think about it.

jim

My plan this year, like previous years, is elk and deer in Idaho. I also buy a black bear tag just in case.

In addition, I put in for an antlerless moose hunt and I have also been buying entries for the Idaho Super Hunt Moose tag.

If lady luck smiles on me, I could possibly have two moose tags to go with my OTC elk, deer, and b. bear tags. My fingers are crossed.

I just drew a deer/elk combo license in Montana, so that trip is definitely on. Still pending is Colorado; I have a license for Oregon but the application for areas is due in May. I have an invite to hunt in Alberta for deer, but that one depends on what my hunting buddy draws for sheep (or doesn't draw, more to the point).

jim

Richracer1":2wipcs9x said:
My plan this year, like previous years, is elk and deer in Idaho. I also buy a black bear tag just in case.

In addition, I put in for an antlerless moose hunt and I have also been buying entries for the Idaho Super Hunt Moose tag.

If lady luck smiles on me, I could possibly have two moose tags to go with my OTC elk, deer, and b. bear tags. My fingers are crossed.

Well, lady luck didn't smile on me, no moose tags this year. Now for the good news, I have a bull elk and a cow elk tag as well as a deer and bear tags for the unit I hunt in Idaho. The non-resident bull elk tag may have cost me almost $400, but if I can harvest my first bull and then get a cow elk in the same year, 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Greg Nolan":oxba6pp0 said:
Richracer1
What part of Idaho do you hunt?
Good Hunting
Elkhunt :grin: :grin:

I'm from Idaho Falls. I hunt in unit 69. I can't wait, 30 more days till I can leave for my ID hunt, and better yet, 16 months till I can retire from the AF and leave CA for ID permanently.

Richracer1

You are indeed a lucky man going to Paradise :grin:
We've been hunting area 36 out of Stanley.
Good Hunting
Elkhunt :grin:

Lets see:
I drew a premo mule deer tag in MT,
Archery deer/elk season opened Sept 6,
Heading to Hinton Alberta on the 16 for a 10 day elk hunt,
then ducks and geese opens Oct 4,
then antelope opens on Oct 12,
Then deer/elk rifle seaosn opens Oct 26,
Then my swan hunt,
Then my wifes moose tag opens Nov 15
Then is late season ducks and pheasants,
Then my wife files for divorce. LOL

The excitement/anticipation is running at full steam.
I leave CA next week for my ID elk(bull & cow), muley, and bear hunt/vacation. :grin: :grin: :grin:

30 days away from work, roughly 2 weeks out in the forest hunting. What's not to like? :)

Anyone else leaving soon for their "out of area" hunt?

I've got 7 more weeks to go before leaving San Diego for a muzzleloader hunt in New Mexico for Bull Elk in area 15. This will be my first hunt with a ML so I'm really looking forward to it especially after my plans to go to Idaho fell through this year.

Sunday morning at 3:30AM I am leaving the sunshine state for Oak Creek, Colorado Bull/cow hunt. The temperature is allready down to freezing at night and we're anticipating some snow while we're there. After working all year the woods is going to smell and look good.

Back