I beleive I have decided on Scope for the new 280AI

sask boy

Ammo Smith
Nov 4, 2007
I just received word from Leupold and have already ordered a sun shade for my VX6 as they started producing them Jan/14. I am going to place it on top of the 280AI and then send in the specs once I have it dialed in so I can have the CDS.
I love my Leica but I am going to place it on my CDL.

Blessings,
Dan

That should be an excellent scope for that rifle, Dan. It'll look good and serve you well, no doubt.

Thanks Mike, now we just have to get 2 days in a row so I can get to the range. It has been raining steady here today and it is not supposed to let up until late tonight :evil:. Man we could sure use a week of nice sunny warm weather.

Blessings,
Dan

Dan,

Nice scope. Did you get the 2-12 or the 3-18?

JD338

Dan, which reticle did you get? If any of you have the VX6's, I'd love to have some pictures of the turrets or CDS dial..

Don't really have a great idea what they look like.

sask boy":1sltofmb said:
Thanks Mike, now we just have to get 2 days in a row so I can get to the range. It has been raining steady here today and it is not supposed to let up until late tonight :evil:. Man we could sure use a week of nice sunny warm weather.

Blessings,
Dan

It began to rain last night; I awoke at 3:30 to snow. It is gone by now, but it snowed pretty steadily all morning. That'll help keep the bears in their den just a little longer, I should think.

JD, I have had this VX6 for 2 years it is on my 270 win in the CDL.
It is 2-12X42mm with the Duplex reticle. I have the CDS set up for 130gr. ABs at 3050fps.
Scotty if you PM me I can email the photos of the turrets to you :wink: I can at least do that electronically 8).

Blessings,
Dan

Was looking at some VX6's at Sportsman's a few days ago and they sure looked like quality to me and the BDC Illuminated reticle would really help out in different situation's I think ! Been a while sine I bought a Leupold ! I like it has the diopter on the ocular ! My BAR 300WSM would be a good fit for such an optic :shock: but would it's optik work on my Lazermark 257 it's and older VX-III 4.5-14x44 I think that might work!

http://www.wholesalehunter.com/product. ... ctid=75863

Terry, I am a long time Leupold fan. I know you can have problems with any manufacturer but to date I have never heard a bad customer service report.
I guess it is hard to change the spots on a old timer :lol:!
I would highly recommend the VX6.

Blessings,
Dan

Lotta used great optics over on the HIDE in classifieds !! One is a sweet mark 6 but nice ones do not last minutes!! :mrgreen:their is a 3-18 Mark 6 TMR illuminated as NIB for 1500.00 and it will be lucky to make it a couple more hours! Has Vortex 34 MM rings that comes with it which are made by Seekins! This Optik alone is a 2600.00 MSRP optik! It's history :|

I have never looked through a 34mm tube. Not sure how bulking that would be.

Blessings,
Dan

The VX7 is a 34 mm tube. Some of the Vortex scopes are 35 mm tubes.

Sorry I got everyone confused but I have been talking about VX6's & Mark 6's at the same time as I drool over both !

Dr. Mike are they still making the VX7? We don't have many Vortex dealers around here so I have not really looked at them.
Mike, I am the only one at the range that I have seen that has a Leica scope. Everyone here has heard of them but no one owns one.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":ft48860c said:
JD, I have had this VX6 for 2 years it is on my 270 win in the CDL.
It is 2-12X42mm with the Duplex reticle. I have the CDS set up for 130gr. ABs at 3050fps.
Scotty if you PM me I can email the photos of the turrets to you :wink: I can at least do that electronically 8).

Blessings,
Dan

Nice choice Dan for the 280 AI, it should cover all your shooting requirements.
I am going to be ordering a VX-6 3-18x44mm and putting it on the 338 RUM. The Mark 4 4.5-14x40mm is going back on the 280AI.

JD338

JD, I am sure that you are going to enjoy that new VX6.
Looking forward to photos of that Leuy on you RUM.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":3snc4nuj said:
Dr. Mike are they still making the VX7? We don't have many Vortex dealers around here so I have not really looked at them.
Mike, I am the only one at the range that I have seen that has a Leica scope. Everyone here has heard of them but no one owns one.

Blessings,
Dan

The VX7 was superseded by the VX6. Leica is growing more popular over here; I'm seeing more of them.

Yes there is no doubt that Leica is a very high quality scope. People who have looked through mine have been impressed. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
I do not think that I am going to get rid of my 270win so the Leica is going to placed on it this weekend.

Blessings,
Dan

Back