I never thought I'd see the day...

Gerry,

I'm not going to have all three optics on at the same time. Maybe two. And a laser. :mrgreen:

George

GeorgeS":9yl1ffvt said:
Note to self - figure that one out and take a photo :lol:

George

null_zps6e9297e2.jpg

:mrgreen:

Very cool rifle. I think they are some well made rifles. One of the fella's at work has one. Little rough on the action, but I am betting it'll slick up with shooting.

Sounds like a great project though.

I tried a couple of options.

First, a Trijicon Dual-illuminatd RMR:
P1020852a_-_Copy.JPG

P1020853a_-_Copy.JPG

The mount is way too high (it' s off one of my ARs).

Next, an Aimpoint PRO (off another of my ARs)
P1020857a_-Copy.JPG

P1020859a_-_Copy.JPG

The Aimpoint is better height-wise, but I like the lower profile of the RMR if I get a lower mount, plus the RMR does not require a battery.

I am awaiting a set of 30mm rings so I can mount the Zeiss. It is my preferred scope as it has an elevation turret set up for the 7.62x51 NATO round.

George

Yeah, the Aimpoint's are good sights, but they look sorta big on that rifle. Might be tough to beat a solid 2.5X or 1-5'ish scope on top, with some QD rings, that allow instant access to your awesome peep's.. Very cool. Looking forward to your results when you hit the range George.

I did not grow up using iron sights, so I don't really worry about losing the rear peep, and I am not likely to use an IER or EER scope on the rail.

My current plan is the RMR on a QD mount for the rail; a Zeiss ZA 1.5x-6x 42mm for regular hunting/shooting, and a Burris FullField II 3x-9x Illuminated Ballistic Plex for load development, longer ranges, and night-shooting (in conjunction with a suppressor).

George

GeorgeS":35g5j1xf said:
I did not grow up using iron sights, so I don't really worry about losing the rear peep, and I am not likely to use an IER or EER scope on the rail.

My current plan is the RMR on a QD mount for the rail; a Zeiss ZA 1.5x-6x 42mm for regular hunting/shooting, and a Burris FullField II 3x-9x Illuminated Ballistic Plex for load development, longer ranges, and night-shooting (in conjunction with a suppressor).

George

Gotcha, makes sense to me. I do like the sights that Ruger has used on their Scout Rifle. Very well made and accurate set up.

Chances are, the Zeiss you mentioned would be pretty awesome for everything..

I'd send it back and ask 'em to see if they couldn't get the bolt handle on the correct side of the action. It seems QC sucks just about everywhere these days.

George,

Ever think about this?http://www.xssights.com/index.php?nID=scopemounts&cID=Scope%20Mounts&pID=scopemounts

Still have the sights, and the option of a forward mounted sight or a regular scope all in one.

Nah. With a QD mount on the RMR and flip levers on the rings in the conventional location, I'll be set.

George

Back