I'm an idiot

So how did it shoot? I know you got two does but what size groups? What bullets are you running? What powder?
Don’t leave us hanging.

Vince

The 7RM is my favorite cartridge without a doubt. I bought my first LH bolt gun back in 1980 to use in a elk hunt. My favorite WT deer bullet is the 154 Hornady spire point with the 150 Nosler BT a close second. I have tried many of the powders out there but hands down the most accurate is IMR4350. Sometime during your load workup load 10 or 15 just to see how they shoot.

Last edited:
So how did it shoot? I know you got two does but what size groups? What bullets are you running? What powder?
Don’t leave us hanging.

Vince
I tried two powders Ramshot Magnum and Norma MRP. The MRP is faster but I believe I can increase the Magnum loads. The deer I shot was with the Magnum powder I believe as I had loaded about 20 cases. The Ramshot was shooting the Norma Oryx 156 grain bullet at around 2900 FPS I had no recipes for this combo so I should be able to improve speed by increasing powder. I don't remember what the grouping was, at the time I was testing speed and making sure they were safe loads but had enough leftover and they were shooting well to give it a try and they did not disappoint on the deer.

Back