I'm doing it

Congratulations!!!
May you have as many blessed years in retirement as you did working.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations Jim, you have achieved a milestone. A bit of advice, do not stop, start a new hobby,stay busy and active. I have known about too many guys who put their feet up set back in the couch and died a few short years later. Start an exercise program, the tv is not your friend, don't give up, never say I can't. When you start building a box around your activities , life gets shorter. Eat less, be more active. and always be moderate in your liquid intake.. again congrats

thanks Fellas , I'm still working , getting the last jobs finished up . I am enjoying the slow down ,6 - 8 hours a day and I had the weekend off . the last couple years have been crazy busy . this past summer was just nuts ,I had 12 or 14 days I didn't work from March to October . I still need to get my firewood cut for winter , I had no time this summer . I think I should have plenty to keep me busy . the only thing I'm concerned about is , what to do during January , February , March , this is the time of year that will be hard on me . when building supplies get more available I'll be putting a kitchen in my sons house , that will keep me busy for a winter . clean up the garage will be another winter . I have projects , just no time , I'll be getting time now .

Congrats Jim. You can always do a bit on the side in the winter if you need something to keep you busy. Just don't let it consume you and say no when spring rolls around.

IdahoCTD":u509lgb1 said:
Congrats Jim. You can always do a bit on the side in the winter if you need something to keep you busy. Just don't let it consume you and say no when spring rolls around.

Thanks Nathan , I've been thinking about doing a few things through the winter , to help keep me busy . nothing big , just simple stuff . a guy I've done work for has a small car collection , he has offered me winter work . he said no deadlines , work as I want .

Congrats on your retirement Jim!

Bill is the man as far as filling his days with things to do. I truly believe the old boy works more for his wife then when he was a full time employee. I am not sure how many houses he has remodeled, or concrete he has poured, but it seems like quite alot.

I hope you're able to hunt and shoot as much as you like in retirement.

Back