Intense Storm, Montana & Wyoming

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Everybody okay?

If you're not following the huge and intense storm that hit Montana and Wyoming...

All entrances to Yellowstone are closed. Campers being evacuated. Looks like it's going to take years to rebuild the road system in Yellowstone National Park.
A bridge I drove over last September, just north of Yellowstone was swept away by the flooded river:

trib.com/news/local/video-flood-takes-out-carbella-bridge-otherwise-known-as-tom-miner-bridge/video_2482ddf8-1d22-5f53-bce1-c6c43b42d409.html

Red Lodge is flooded.

I've got family stranded in that area right now.

A rancher I know in Northeast Wyoming is reporting a tornado and tremendous damage to crops & ranch buildings. A local car dealer had ALL of their vehicles totaled by fist sized hail...

A 110 year old ranch house I've stayed in while hunting suffered a LOT of damage as the tornado passed nearby... Might spell the end for that wonderful old house. I'm not sure.

Anyway - the weather really smacked that whole area.

Regards, Guy

Everybody okay?

If you're not following the huge and intense storm that hit Montana and Wyoming...

All entrances to Yellowstone are closed. Campers being evacuated. Looks like it's going to take years to rebuild the road system in Yellowstone National Park.
A bridge I drove over last September, just north of Yellowstone was swept away by the flooded river:

trib.com/news/local/video-flood-takes-out-carbella-bridge-otherwise-known-as-tom-miner-bridge/video_2482ddf8-1d22-5f53-bce1-c6c43b42d409.html

Red Lodge is flooded.

I've got family stranded in that area right now.

A rancher I know in Northeast Wyoming is reporting a tornado and tremendous damage to crops & ranch buildings. A local car dealer had ALL of their vehicles totaled by fist sized hail...

A 110 year old ranch house I've stayed in while hunting suffered a LOT of damage as the tornado passed nearby... Might spell the end for that wonderful old house. I'm not sure.

Anyway - the weather really smacked that whole area.

Regards, Guy
Just heard about this today. My wife was going to Red Lodge to visit family when she received a text telling her not to come because of flooding. She was in Casper, so fortunately she was able to rearrange her route. It does sound terrible for those living there. I do pray that any of the people of the forum who are living in the area have stayed safe and not suffered loss.

We have been watching this. We were planning a trip to Yellowstone this year but I think that's going to change. I hope everyone in this area is safe.

JD338

Rivers are extremely high local one up several feet from when I went over them Saturday. Many reports of roads and bridges washed out and even a cabin floating down the stillwater river, lots of people stranded but havent heard anyone getting hurt, yet.
Talking to my brother over in Paradise valley the yellowstone river in not getting any better.

Last edited:
Psychotic weather for sure.
Me thinks the weather needs some Risperidol, Ativan, and Wellbutrin.

Vince

Actually, I think we caught the edge of that storm all the way down here in Arkansas. Even just getting a small bit of it, you could tell it was a very angry storm.

I've been to this area a couple of times and it's hard to imagine what it looks like now. Hope they are able to repair, rebuild for these folks. Dan.

Back