Is it junk?

wisconsinteacher

Handloader
Dec 2, 2010
I have an old Bushnell Trophy 3-9 that I took off my 06. It moves point of impact when turned from 3 to9. Is it junk or is there a reason to keep it?

Maybe it'd be a good scope for a 22 or something WT. I wouldn't mess with it on a rifle that you would depend on.

They make an excellent comparison tool when you have that argument with a friend who swears that spending more than $100 on a scope is a waste of money.

WT, I have had to do that to more than one Bushnell :evil:
There are no Bushnell scopes sitting on top of my rifles.

Blessings,
Dan

In defense of bushnell yes the trophy is a pos, however they do make an excellent tactical scope called the HDMR. There is a huge price difference as well a performanve difference which is common when spending money on optics.

CatskillCrawler":900g7lcb said:
They make an excellent comparison tool when you have that argument with a friend who swears that spending more than $100 on a scope is a waste of money.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I was a guy that never spent money on top end scopes partly because I could not afford and partly cause I always got my animals with what I had.
But after having the problems with the 4200 & a couple of other models I switch over to Leupold and could immediately see a difference.
Now having picked up the Lieca and the VX-6 there is really no comparison. My son likes the ZA-5 but he is going to switch to Leupold VXR this year as well after one season with the Minox. Now this past fall my nephew changed from a World class to the Zeiss Conquest 800 rapid Z and has become a dieheart Zeiss man. I just picked up a Diavari from a very nice Doctor :mrgreen: so I now have 3 upper end scopes so I am going to try and tell which company has the clearest 8). But I likely will not be able to tell.

Blessings,
Dan

I have a "trophy" sitting in the box too. When I could finally afford it, I got me some luey's. By comparison the Bushnell is like looking through the bottom of a coke bottle. The d@ng thing NEVER held point of impact. Might onlly move a couple inches at 100, but it seemed like every time I took it out of the case the bullets went some where else.

That said, unless I can find another used Luey first, it will go on the 243 this spring. I know this, if I spend $100 on a scope again it will be a 4x weaver, not another Bushenll. CL

I have a "trophy" sitting in the box too. When I could finally afford it, I got me some luey's. By comparison the Bushnell is like looking through the bottom of a coke bottle. The d@ng thing NEVER held point of impact. Might onlly move a couple inches at 100, but it seemed like every time I took it out of the case the bullets went some where else.

That said, unless I can find another used Luey first, it will go on the 243 this spring. I know this, if I spend $100 on a scope again it will be a 4x weaver, not another Bushenll. CL

wisconsinteacher":13o3vtl1 said:
I have an old Bushnell Trophy 3-9 that I took off my 06. It moves point of impact when turned from 3 to9. Is it junk or is there a reason to keep it?

Through it in a Lake and never tell anyone you ever owned one ! :grin: RJ

Rem Jim":2dv8kz82 said:
wisconsinteacher":2dv8kz82 said:

Through it in a Lake and never tell anyone you ever owned one ! :grin: RJ

NOT even good to Pound in NAILS ! :grin: LOL RJ

Back