IT IS HAPPENING!

corbin9191

Handloader
Dec 2, 2007
I wasn't to sure where to post this at.

The 2008 Legislative session has begun, and20the Ammunition Accountability Act is being introduced across the country. Below is a list of states where legislation has already been introduced: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm
Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture, a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand-loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more! If they can depriv e you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

As I said last night on a different but related effort to get your guns....where is Nosler gonna weigh in on the issue? CL

Hmm, we must have a license here in Canada to buy ammo, but nothing for components. Also, our gun control laws are fairly dormant here due to a conservititve PM.

That having been said that is scary stuff. Fight it hard, or you'll be like us, just waiting for the next far left PM that will try to take away our rights. Even if it's not in your state.

The only reason to disarm a nation is if you also want to remove essential personal freedom as well. Be very ironic to lose essential human rights to the first minority Pres in history.

Keep an eye on that ever so green move to non lead bullets, that's a bunch of crap too. It reduced the number of waterfowl hunters in Canada by 60% since nobody can afford to shoot off 10 boxes of steel shot at 25 bucks a box in a day. Now the Artic is melting due to over population of waterfowl, great job whichever smart alec professor came up with that (most likely has never been further than 5 minutes from a Starbucks).

OK I'll quit venting, good night.

CC.

I certainly hear where you're coming from Jtoews80 :x I tried to order a Tru Glo sight from Cabela's (U.S.A.) for my shotgun & an adjustable Poly Choke. They would not send to me because of these irresponsible rules & regulations. They were very reluctant to send me their reloading equipment catalogue because by law they coudn't ship me anything in it. No dispespect to Cabela's, it isn't their fault & they were good enough to send me the catalogue anyway. It's one of the few sources I can get for anything that's new. :?

I hate to think what will hapen if I break one of my guns and need a part. :(

Dont quit "Venting" fellas. I try not to be an alarmist or reactionary nad this may be overstating things becauase I dont believe this is "evil" per se.
But....some one once said, "The only thing needed for evil to succede is for good men to do nothing". Or words to that affect.

If they (politticians) can do it to you they will do it to us.
What I really want to see is Nosler promise ro put some corporate muscle behind fighting this.....it is strangely quiet....I am worried. CL

Dumb question -

How will they even know what ammo you have now or what components you have now by the time it's 2011 if it isn't all used up by then???

HDE

Hi JToews80,

"Be very ironic to lose essential human rights to the first minority Pres in history".

Perhaps you would be so kind as to explain the irony of this to me?

I believe I can explain it. After the fight minorities went through (specifically black minorities) in this country to gain basic, essential human rights, it is ironic that the first minority (black minority, even) President would take away those freedoms and liberties from all citizens. It's the textbook definition of irony. Nothing racist or anti-black in that statement at all. It's just a fact that it would be ironic for someone who ought to understand as well or better than anyone the value of these essential rights, based on his background of fighting for the oppressed (as he likes to lay claim to), to be ready to eliminate the free exercise of basic, essential human rights. Ironic.

dubyam":16tr1627 said:
I believe I can explain it. After the fight minorities went through (specifically black minorities) in this country to gain basic, essential human rights, it is ironic that the first minority (black minority, even) President would take away those freedoms and liberties from all citizens. It's the textbook definition of irony. Nothing racist or anti-black in that statement at all. It's just a fact that it would be ironic for someone who ought to understand as well or better than anyone the value of these essential rights, based on his background of fighting for the oppressed (as he likes to lay claim to), to be ready to eliminate the free exercise of basic, essential human rights. Ironic.

That pretty well sums it up!

Steve

Hi Dubyam,

The "irony" you speak of is exactly the "irony" I was afraid of. By linking the battle over the passage of this act to Obama's status as an ethnic minority and the battle over civil rights, you risk turning this debate into a argument over race.

This battle, as far as I can tell, has nothing to do with Obama's status as a racial minority (or at least it shouldm't). Rather this battle has to do with Obama's status as a Democrat belonging to a party that has traditionally been seen to be Anti-gun/threat to human rights you view as essential. Keep the argument focused here, and believe you me, you will be far more effective in attracting supporters to your cause.

This whole thing makes me want to puke.......(i don't have a neat emoticon for this)...I feel sad :cry:

high desert elk":ftxkshi8 said:
Dumb question -

How will they even know what ammo you have now or what components you have now by the time it's 2011 if it isn't all used up by then???

HDE

I guess you can look at it like this. If you have a bunch of ammo that is not up to snuff according to the new laws, what will you do with it. Bring it to your local range and fire away? No, not a chance, you will have to have legal ammo to shoot at these ranges. Will you take this Illegal ammo hunting, NO, your local Conservation Officer wil be on the lookout for Illegal ammo and getting caught with it will not be a walk in the park.

It will be kinda like the transition from lead to steel for Waterfowl hunting. Everybody said , F That, I'm shootin lead, how they gunna know. Well they knew and a boat load of hunters got caught shootin lead. The sad part about the lead deal is that many of these guys just gave up on Water fowling altogether instead of converting to steel. I fear the same thing will happen with rifle and pistol ammo. Instead of fighting and working as a team to stop this, many if not most of the shooting world will just give up and go back to watching TV.

I'm not too scared....got a safe full of ammo and a key. In the worse case, everything should be back to normal in 4 years. Let me keep my guns and ammo and you can keep the "CHANGE".

SL6512, you are right in IDing the Democratic party as a whole for being anti gun and having been that way for a long time. Much like the Canadian Liberal party.

That having been said, to overcome one form of tryanny and injustice and then to fly directly into the beginning of another would be really unfortunate. That is the "irony" I spoke of. It would have been more accurate to call it a tradgy. It has nothing to do with race: EVERYBODY has the right to live free and maintain the means to stay free.

That is my opinion, people may or may not agree, that is alright.

CC.

This thread belongs in the political forum BTW.

I think if you look this was introduced a year ago and has already been laid to rest. This bill is for the most part dead and isn`t going anywhere.
You need to keep alert for the next one.

jtoews80":361v5f0a said:
SL6512, you are right in IDing the Democratic party as a whole for being anti gun and having been that way for a long time. Much like the Canadian Liberal party.

That having been said, to overcome one form of tryanny and injustice and then to fly directly into the beginning of another would be really unfortunate. That is the "irony" I spoke of. It would have been more accurate to call it a tradgy. It has nothing to do with race: EVERYBODY has the right to live free and maintain the means to stay free.

That is my opinion, people may or may not agree, that is alright.

CC.

Bingo!!!
Race has absolutely nothing to do with it.
It seem to me that alot of people will play the race card when they start loosing ground on a position, what ever the position may be.
I recall McCain being called a racist for refering to obama as "that one" in one of the debates.
Even obama played the race card when he would say " oh ya, did I mention he was black."
The only silver lining to the ecenomic "down turn" is maybe the liberals will be consumed by it and put the anti gun stuff on the back burner.
We need to do everything we can to insure the libs get voted out of the house and senate in two years.

It doesn't help when they (the Dims) steal elections. It's interesting how they kept "finding" more and more Al Franken votes.

Yeah....Another embarassing moment for Minnesota. Buy the time Franken finishes a term he will make fromer Gov. Ventura look like a rocket scientist. CL

Back