JD338

I ended up buying the Swarovski Laser Guide 8x30.
This unit is awesome, I have lasered trees at 1739 yds!

JD338

Whatever you do, dont buy a Leupold rangefinder. There garbage. They need to stick with what they know, and thats scopes. Buy a swarovski if you want 1000+ yard capability in any conditions. After that its a toss up between the leica 1200, nikon 1200, and bushnell 1500. I wont own bushnell anything. Leicas customer service is horrible, so that leaves me with nikon or swarovski. I own a nikon 800 and have ranged to 900 yards on good days, and 700-800 regularly on deer and elk. Does what I need it to do. Now the nikon 1200 would be nice I think, especially for the price. Just my opinion.

I have the Leica 1200, and have been happy with its performance, for sure.
I have been using it for 4 seasons now. I am amazed at how much I use it in the field. I would never be without a rangefinder now. I would like to try that Swarovski unit, however. Sounds very nice :)

OK fellas, not rich here-just an enlisted USAF guy so, what say you? As anyone else, I would like nice consistant readings out to at least an honest 1000 yards.

I have been looking at Nikon 1200, Bushnell 1500, leica 1200 and some others. Please advise.

POP":1lx9lwh4 said:
OK fellas, not rich here-just an enlisted USAF guy so, what say you? As anyone else, I would like nice consistant readings out to at least an honest 1000 yards.

I have been looking at Nikon 1200, Bushnell 1500, leica 1200 and some others. Please advise.

I would go with the Leica 1200.

JD338

Jim:

Is it really better than the other 2?

Jim:

Is it really better than the other 2?

Pop,

Of the 3 canidates you picked, I would go with the Leica.

Personaly, I would go with the Swarovski Laser Guide 8x30
and not look back.

JD338

Back