Tucson Mountain rifle range.

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
Catherine and I have decided to go full Snow Bird next year. Hey, what momma wants momma gets. Three to four months in Tucson. Any way I'll not be packing my loading equipment to Tucson but figured I'd bring a couple rifles and a couple shotguns and a sufficient supply of ammo to keep me busy for a few months.
I shot at Tucson trap and sheet last week, fantastic facility with a sporting clays course that humbled me, badly. Already have a membership there.
There are several county rifle ranges but they only go to 200 yards. Tucson mountain goes out to 1000.
Anyone have any experience with Tucson Mountain?

Catherine and I have decided to go full Snow Bird next year. Hey, what momma wants momma gets. Three to four months in Tucson. Any way I'll not be packing my loading equipment to Tucson but figured I'd bring a couple rifles and a couple shotguns and a sufficient supply of ammo to keep me busy for a few months.
I shot at Tucson trap and sheet last week, fantastic facility with a sporting clays course that humbled me, badly. Already have a membership there.
There are several county rifle ranges but they only go to 200 yards. Tucson mountain goes out to 1000.
Sorry, no experience with that range, but going someplace warm for a few months in the winter seems like a clear win to me.

It's been pretty nice down here, mid 70s kind of thing. We're heading north on Wednesday, going to hitting the mid fifties by Friday. I've a good life.

Catherine figures heading down sometime December, heading home first of April. Az deer seasons go into the new year, so I need to start applying, quail runs to Feb 11. The dogs and I are golden.

My buddy and I hunted just to the east of Tucson 5-6 years ago for Coues. I think it's unit 34. The day we got there was 80, the next day was windy and 50 ish with snow that night. I think we drew the same year we put in for the November season. The December rut season use to take several years to draw. They do have OTC bow tags for deer and rifle mountain lion tags.

That’s my hometown rifle range.
Best place to shoot as far as I’m concerned when it comes to rifle. Let them know you’re a LEO.

Vince

That’s my hometown rifle range.
Best place to shoot as far as I’m concerned when it comes to rifle. Let them know you’re a LEO.

Vince

Tucson Mountain is about 4 or five miles from my front door and frankly I've never even checked it out, Googled them up and the reviews aren't half bad. You can scroll down a bit and check out Tucson Rifle Club. You may have noticed I griped about the quality of the ROs. For spits and grins I checked out the reports on TRC, a club which I was a member from 1979 to 2020. It's not as bad as I described, it's a hell of a lot worse. The club is on stated owned land that they're allowed to operate as long as the public is allowed to use it. My doc has just about given me the green light to start shooting again. TRC is a nice range and I'll be looking elsewhere. Don't need any hassle from power mad ROs.
Paul B.

Back