Just bought my first FX3

BK

Handloader
Dec 14, 2008
A 6x42 with the Long Range Duplex reticle. Seems awfully nice, but now my dilemma:
What do I mount it on?

BK -
Congrats on the new Leupy -
However, I don't see this as much of a delima as one might think.

Nothing a quick trip to the local sporting goods store or gun show wouldn't resolve......... :grin:

Well, yeah, but as of right now, I have a ton of unscoped rifles. Just off the top of my head:
.358 Winchester
.300 Weatherby
.30-06
7mm RemMag
7mm WSM
.270 x2
6.5 Creedmoor
.257 Weatherby
.223 Remington
I'm leaning towards the '06 or one of the .270s (the ADL-SS) just because I have more brass/ammo should I ever get the chance/time to shoot them.

To be honest, I always thought I'd put a fixed 6 on a .243, but I got the scope before I bought the rifle.

Buying a scope is always dangerous. It inevitably leads to the purchase of firearms just so the scope will have a purpose.

DrMike":3skmmtzd said:
Buying a scope is always dangerous. It inevitably leads to the purchase of firearms just so the scope will have a purpose.

Honestly, Doc, I have been on kind of an out of control gun buying tear lately. Just trying to get caught up with glass.

Might be a nice one on your 257WBY depending on what you are using it for. You have a bunch of rifles that we need to hear some range reports on! Scotty

In due time, my man. I'm heading back to work in SoCal tomorrow, but while I'm gone, I am going to try and re-join my local gun club, and make some decisions on glass. I figure I need to buy about 6 new scopes, and about three rifles that need optics upgrading. I think I'm gonna go with Zeiss/Minox on my plastic guns, and Leupold on my wood ones.

Of course, I still need a couple of spotting scopes, and a couple pairs of binocs, and...

Crap. Now that I think about it, I think I've lost track of what I actually have..

I've got the 6x42 on my .25-06, and the 6x36 on my .30-06, both are good scopes. The 42mm obj is very good in low-light hunting conditions.

Nice scope. Looks like you've got lots of choices about where it should live... Maybe QR rings & mounts on all the rifles, and move it around when you want? :grin:

That's a nice thought, Guy, but I think I'll just mount it with either Leupold DDs or some Williams rings I bought. I can see myself buying a couple more 6x42s if I really like it. And a 6x36 is not out of the question!

Back