Just checking?

wisconsinteacher

Handloader
Dec 2, 2010
My 25-06 had an old Weaver on it that was cloudy and the cross hairs turn when you adjust the lense. Is it junk or is there something that can be done to fix it? I just want to know before it hits the trash can.

I don't know what their warranty is like now, but about 10 years ago my K4 from 1972 fogged up on me during hunting season. I had this scope on my Remington Model 600 6mm Remington from day one. It had taken some serious bangs and falls and had never let me down. I sent it in and they resealed it and shipped it back to me. Couldn't really ask for anything more.

It is the coatings! You can send an old Weaver back and they said they will fix the older scopes which they did not make in the current company but it will still be behind in coating technology. The Weavers for the past 15 years are not bad scopes but some were made in China and other places where they used cheaper glass and coatings which are a more expensive process to do well. Even the older El Paso made scopes are behind in technology now.

This is a a Weaver V9-W 3-9. It says it is made in the USA. I guess a phone call would not hurt. If they want to fix or replace, I could put it on something.

I emailed Weaver and they said they do not have the parts to fix it. They named a webpage of a company that could fix it but I don't think it is worth it. I am going to toss it.

Back