kickn' my self in the butt

super-7

Handloader
Jun 27, 2009
Was at agun show this past weekend with the same ol riff raff selling beat up rifles at high prices. made my way around browsing kinda hoping to find a nice .204 when I come across a rack of older guns, all laying barrel down and stock up and nobody that I se has been paying any attention to them, so I look afew over and the 3rd one I picked up was ashultz and larson in .308 norma mag, all original blueing slid out the bolt and checked down the bore, pointing up to a light it was all nice and shiny. The dang thing looked good and it is in an uncommon kool calibre to boot. well the old guy wanted 1250, if I had the extra money I'd be polishinhg it up right now, but I walked away man does that suck. Does this sound familiar to anyone else? :cry: :cry: :cry:

The dang thing looked good and it is in an uncommon kool calibre to boot. well the old guy wanted 1250, if I had the extra money I'd be polishinhg it up right now, but I walked away man does that suck. Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

Does what sound familar?

No money? Yep, always broke...

Finding a Shultz & Larson? I could only wish..... :cry:

To bad, that would have been a real coup if you could have swung it.

Every time I spend a few hours looking at a Browning citori grade 6 with 3 barrels and find a good deal. :twisted:
One of these days I will do it. Thats what I keep telling myself. I also threaten my wife with that statement. :lol:

Oh it is too bad you were unable to grab it. I have a friend I used to work with and he has a .308 Norma Mag. It shoots fantastic. I do not remember if it was custom built or not, or was a factory rifle.

My own personal opinion is that it's unfortunate that the .308 Norma did not take off better than it did. I believe it's a better designed case with a longer neck than the 300 Winchester Magnum. Just my thoughts. Same with the rifles built on the 30-338 Win mag. Almost identical, but the Norma is a neat round!!

The Schultz and Larson was a great rifle. I've only seen a couple. Very well built with a reputation for quality throughout. In the 308 Norma, it would have been a sweet deal, for certain.

Classic rifle.

Did you get the guy's card/info? Might be able to swing the price in a few months, maybe after tax time? Or offer him $1000 and see if he bites?

Yes, I still regret passing on a couple of rifles I well remember, years later.

Regards, Guy

The old clasics are few and rare in that shape. I now have a desire for a 358 Norma mag and I had found one in a store with a $650 price tag about 5 years ago and thought it was over priced. I've been on a crusade for one for about 2 years lately and they are about as common and available as unicorns and hen's teeth. Ratts!!!! :evil: If you see it and want it; buy it if you can!
Greg

There is supposed to be another gun show about 100 miles from the last one in a month or so. I was told by a buddy that usually the same dealers make the trip there so I'm hopeful and working hard to scratch up some cash!!

super-7,

Which show are you thinking of taking in? Dawson Creek will be in April. Calgary and Kamloops are around the same time. There will be smaller shows in several places. Fairview should be coming up sometime in the spring. If you were talking about Dawson, let me know the dealer and I'll take a look for you.

Back